Ok, so what happened?

UK Preppers introduction and forum rules
ukpadmin
Site Admin

Ok, so what happened?

Post by ukpadmin »

For those of you which missed out on all the fun of the last week, the short version of the story is ukpreppers.com is shortly going to be turned off. We decided it was too good to just let it die, so we created this new home for us.

I have archived the old forums, you can get access by going to the Archive forum at the bottom.

There are a few changes to the forums, mainly the forum titles. We hope it makes sense, but we will be tweaking it to get it right.

So...who are 'we'. Well the new admin team lineup is me (scoobie), Northern Raider and Magz. We hope this will provide a balanced moderation team, and we also hope to not have to do tooo much moderation!

We will be posting some posting guidelines, rather than rules. There is, however a couple of rules which we will not budge on. No discussion of anything illegal, no racism, no bullying. They're the main no-no's but we will clarify this shortly for you all... Nothing groundbreaking, just common sense!

Thats all for now!
Magz

Re: Ok, so what happened?

Post by Magz »

Wow! new home in record time, well done. So looking forward to things getting back to normal.
Welcome back everyone ;-)
Northern Raider

Post by Northern Raider »

A truly awe inspiring effort by Scoobie, My eternal thanks to you Sir, And thanks to Magz for agreeing to moderate as well.

I hope everyone fits right on into our new home and treats it with the respect it deseves.
NR
janso

Post by janso »

Northern Raider wrote:A truly awe inspiring effort by Scoobie, My eternal thanks to you Sir, And thanks to Magz for agreeing to moderate as well.

I hope everyone fits right on into our new home and treats it with the respect it deseves.
NR
Roger that... (can I say that??!!) :lol: :lol:

I 100% agree with what you said NR, truly inspiring in the time frame given, well done to Magz for finding the time to volunteer services and yes, lets hope it is treating with the respect it does please folks!!
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Thanks all... I think it was the quickest I have ever put a complete site together! Start to finish was about 16 hours... finished at 2am this morning!

Still..it was worth it to get something up and in place before the old site shuts down...just went to have a look and post on the old forum about this site being up, and NR has already posted it once or twice!! :)

Shall we let people on P2S and Ludlow that we're back if they want to come back?
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
bigpaul

Post by bigpaul »

A very well done to all concerned, i hope that we can keep this site going, it was a pity that the old site had to close down, i also hope that all the members are able to join this site, again WELL DONE!!! :D
mike.f

Post by mike.f »

Fantastic effort scoobie, the new forum is looking great. That’s a damn fine 16 hours work! Think you’ve earned yourself a beer! Bit early yet though!
Northern Raider

scoobie wrote: Shall we let people on P2S and Ludlow that we're back if they want to come back?

Why not ?
NR
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

I had only just joined the old forum , (hope thats not an omen :shock: ) but was very impressed with what i saw so im looking forward to chatting and learning here, thanks for letting me join :D
Northern Raider

Bulldog wrote:I had only just joined the old forum , (hope thats not an omen :shock: ) but was very impressed with what i saw so im looking forward to chatting and learning here, thanks for letting me join :D

Like your 17th / 21st lancers cap badge avatar :D