Bonjour

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
General DeGaulle

Bonjour

Post by General DeGaulle »

Hello everyone. In a sense, I have been a pepper all my life. An interest in history has demonstrated to me that SHTF can happen anytime, and to any culture or country. Usually when that culture dumbs down news, supresses information and the media appears to be filling everyone's minds with garbage, is a time to be wary... 'bread and circuses' and all that. Anyway, I'm lucky enough to live in a remote area with a garden big enough to grow veggies. looking forward to sharing ideas with you all!
Deeps

Re: Bonjour

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I've put your post on its own thread. I hope you find the site useful.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Bonjour! Allez the lads :)

What veggies do you grow/like?
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

Arzosah wrote:Bonjour! Allez the lads :)

What veggies do you grow/like?
Merci bien, mon ami! I am a half French Englishman. Having worked until 55 in our NHS I decided to take my early retirement and move to the Old Country, my pension (and sale of my English two up two down) enabling me to get a little place in Anjou with a biggish garden - and a functioning well.

Generally, I grow the 'easy' stuff - spuds, broad beans, beetroot and broccoli. Madame DeGaulle is rather more adept at the herbs, salad greens and other delicate stuff. I also have a grapevine for homemade wine.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Sounds lovely :) and I bet there's not many on here with their own well :D

Argh, you're making me think of French markets and peaches in season and ... gotta stop!