Furloughed Workers

For all things financial
jansman

Re: Furloughed Workers

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:30 pm Good thinking jansman I would do the same. And there might be opportunities for you if anybody around you wanted some nice organic fresh meat and you happened to be out a walk with the gun... :twisted:
I am out with the dawn chorus tomorrow Lil! Also, at the back of my daughter’s house are lots of felled tree sections. A footpath runs alongside, so I shall do a daily run to bring logs in. I have the time and I need to be proactive.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman, I'm glad you (and jamesey) have made that choice. We know fine well that all of this chatter about "the safety of our workers is our highest concern" is utter tosh - taking that 80% and using the time to bag some meat with the gun, or get some firewood going, thats the right thing to do.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well,I went out at first light up to ' my' fields.Bagged two bunnies and a woodie. We fancied a stew today.One rabbit will do,so on the way back,I dropped off the remaining bag to the old chap who owns the fields. He was delighted.Gonna get some breakfast now and crack on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Awesome! :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's brilliant!

Erm, what's a woodie? Don't tell me its a woodpecker! All I can find is a car body, a wooden rollercoaster or a gallows rope!
omega man

Post by omega man »

wood pigeon ?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

omega man wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:56 am wood pigeon ?
Phew, that makes sense, thanks OM :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: not much eating on a woodpecker Arzosah! I feed woodpigeons in the garden, love to see them stuffing their wee faces.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:03 am :lol: :lol: :lol: not much eating on a woodpecker Arzosah! I feed woodpigeons in the garden, love to see them stuffing their wee faces.
Happy to be wrong :lol: I kind of knew I was but wanted to check :mrgreen: OCD, moi?