2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
nickdutch

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by nickdutch »

One guy in the BBC news used the "D" word. namely that the bank of England was acting to avoid a depression. And also the BBC news suggested that the economics was going to be worse that it has been for 100 years. Which pretty much says depression to me.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
hobo2

Post by hobo2 »

nickdutch wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:30 pm One guy in the BBC news used the "D" word. namely that the bank of England was acting to avoid a depression. And also the BBC news suggested that the economics was going to be worse that it has been for 100 years. Which pretty much says depression to me.
Got a link?
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

tco-lincs wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm
grenfell wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:46 pm Bullion by post has suspended deliveries and supermarkets are limiting what can be brought. Might not be able to do much with it at home but at least it'd be in your hands if it's out.
https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/index/g ... d-traders/
I've been looking more and more at gold but the thing that has always worried me is the storing it.
Atkinson's have the following message across their webpage;
"Due to the current situation we are unable to take your order currently - our website and live chat are now closed until Friday 9am"

They are still showing stock for sale, although not a great selection. You might still get some smaller bars or pre owned coins from a local dealer or established jewelry store, but be prepared to pay well over the spot prices.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
omega man

Post by omega man »

even the silver has gone, wow :o
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

tco-lincs wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm
grenfell wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:46 pm Bullion by post has suspended deliveries and supermarkets are limiting what can be brought. Might not be able to do much with it at home but at least it'd be in your hands if it's out.
https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/index/g ... d-traders/
I've been looking more and more at gold but the thing that has always worried me is the storing it.
Good thing about gold is that it doesn't rot , it's rodent free , waterproof and generally isn't too fussy about where it's stored. It's dense and for the value doesn't take a lot of space. It's pretty easy to hide with a bit of inventiveness or it makes a relatively easy form of wealth to bug out with. The one thing i wouldn't do is have the dealer store it for you. Call me a cynic but i'm never sure the gold even exists that way
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

ATS bullion also suspending orders. No stock to sell, apparently.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Okay, the bullion issues are surprising me. And unnerving me, a little.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I don't think you are alone , and the "experts" don't seem to be any different. Cheery link,
https://www.goldbroker.com/news/longest ... years-1789
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Playing "Shove a Penny" with the wife at the moment using gold sovereigns and one ounce Britannias' :lol: :lol:

A 5kg silver ingot makes a great door stop. 8-)
Arwen The Bard

Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I know we are all focused on the C19 virus at the moment, rightly so, but please dont be distracted from the absolute carnage and meltdown that is going on in financial markets and global economies. If the virus wasn't happening this forum would have 20 topics and hundreds of posts on the subject, it would be all consuming.

The modern world has never seen anything on this scale before and we cannot underestimate the fundamental changes that are occurring to the global economic system, under our noses while this epidemic provides the cover.

In basic terms the worlds economies have lost almost a third of their value in just three months. :shock:

Despite all the worlds central banks offering blank cheques, unlimited funding and trillions in liquidity, the decline shows no signs of slowing let alone stopping. Confidence has completely gone from the markets and no one knows where the bottom is, no one is even prepared to guess at the moment.

If you have prepped for economic turmoil you have one less thing to worry about. If you haven't maybe try and do what you can asap IMO.
Arwen The Bard