2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
jansman

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:09 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 pm My boss today said that if we have ‘self isolation’ then it is P 45 time.
Make sure you breath on the barsteward and lick his car door handle if you get it
Been there before. Reality of life. I work for an SME. Small to medium enterprise. Already lined up a Plan B in a local meat plant. They are DESPERATE for skilled men. Advertised price has gone up £4 an hour in three months. And it’s Monday to Friday!!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:27 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:09 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 pm My boss today said that if we have ‘self isolation’ then it is P 45 time.
Make sure you breath on the barsteward and lick his car door handle if you get it
Been there before. Reality of life. I work for an SME. Small to medium enterprise. Already lined up a Plan B in a local meat plant. They are DESPERATE for skilled men. Advertised price has gone up £4 an hour in three months. And it’s Monday to Friday!!

Another reality they want a skilled operative but don't want to pay the money for your skill be it butcher sparkey or plumber..

Good few years back we got our marching orders which was not done with any simpathy or empethy that's it get off site sort of speach couple of fitters wheeling their tool chests to their cars.. one of the directors went groveling as he had locked his car keys in his brand new range rover... The fitter called mark got him his keys by taking a ball pein hammer to the drivers window... His face was a blooming picture
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Last time I got marching orders, I backed my car to the door and emptied a freezer into the boot. Kept us going a year.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pm Last time I got marching orders, I backed my car to the door and emptied a freezer into the boot. Kept us going a year.
:lol: :lol:

My dad at 64 took early retirement by chinning his boss he'd been a bully to him for years so decided to take early retirement.... He'd kept a diary and the lovely lady in the job centre gave him full dole as she put it down as constructive dismissal :mrgreen:

It's going to be a hard time for the building trade wet winter little groundworks.... Massive shortage of timber due to industrial issues in Finland
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pm Last time I got marching orders, I backed my car to the door and emptied a freezer into the boot. Kept us going a year.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice!
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Lots of events are distracting people from focusing on the world economies at the moment and the current (engineered) dispute between some OPEC members is hitting the US deep in the pocket. Remember that oil = energy = makes the world go around so expect to see things heating up pretty quickly if the oil price doesn't start heading back up again soon.

As they say "Never let a crisis / disaster go to waste"

We could be watching the final collapse of the petro dollar IMO, under the cover of Cov19 virus, Putin, Xi, and others will be watching with interest what the US does next week. Could this be the moment it all changes? Mondays market openings will tell a lot and an electric week ahead.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 am Lots of events are distracting people from focusing on the world economies at the moment and the current (engineered) dispute between some OPEC members is hitting the US deep in the pocket. Remember that oil = energy = makes the world go around so expect to see things heating up pretty quickly if the oil price doesn't start heading back up again soon.

As they say "Never let a crisis / disaster go to waste"

We could be watching the final collapse of the petro dollar IMO, under the cover of Cov19 virus, Putin, Xi, and others will be watching with interest what the US does next week. Could this be the moment it all changes? Mondays market openings will tell a lot and an electric week ahead.
Deliberate choice of words ???? ;)
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

We try our best Deeps. 8-)
Arwen The Bard

Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

These numbers are staggering and help put the current situation into perspective;

Cost of entire 2008 bank bailout was $500 billion.

Current FED bailout / bank liquidity funding is $50 to $150 billion EVERYDAY.

The FED promised a $1.5 Trillion injection last Friday alone to cover the weekend.

That's the scale of the problem.
Arwen The Bard

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:24 am These numbers are staggering and help put the current situation into perspective;

Cost of entire 2008 bank bailout was $500 billion.

Current FED bailout / bank liquidity funding is $50 to $150 billion EVERYDAY.

The FED promised a $1.5 Trillion injection last Friday alone to cover the weekend.

That's the scale of the problem.
On the bright side, that should put to bed any conspiracy theories that this was all started by 'The Man', this will be costing them a fortune. :lol: