2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
diamond lil

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by diamond lil »

No change there though, this is how the world works, always has.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

M&M Enterprises, Catch-22
The exact size of Minderbinder's syndicate is never specified. At the beginning of the novel, it is merely a system that gets fresh eggs to his mess hall by buying them in Sicily for one cent, selling them to Malta for four and a half cents, buying them back for seven cents, and finally selling them to the mess halls for five cents. However, the syndicate is soon revealed to have become a large company, and then an international syndicate, making Minderbinder the Mayor of Palermo, Assistant Governor-General of Malta, Shah of Oran, Caliph of Baghdad, mayor of Cairo, and the god of corn, rain, and rice in various pagan African countries. Whenever Minderbinder appears in one of his cities, an impromptu holiday with parades forming around him is declared.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:08 pm M&M Enterprises, Catch-22
The exact size of Minderbinder's syndicate is never specified. At the beginning of the novel, it is merely a system that gets fresh eggs to his mess hall by buying them in Sicily for one cent, selling them to Malta for four and a half cents, buying them back for seven cents, and finally selling them to the mess halls for five cents. However, the syndicate is soon revealed to have become a large company, and then an international syndicate, making Minderbinder the Mayor of Palermo, Assistant Governor-General of Malta, Shah of Oran, Caliph of Baghdad, mayor of Cairo, and the god of corn, rain, and rice in various pagan African countries. Whenever Minderbinder appears in one of his cities, an impromptu holiday with parades forming around him is declared.
Thank goodness for the internet and Wiki as I had no idea what you guys were talking about. :oops:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Minderbinder
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

One of the best books ever :lol:
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

UK unemployment to double and economy to shrink by 14%, warns Bank of England

This links to the Guardians' version of this story but its also covered in various other MSM.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oronavirus

One quote I picked out is;
Bailey said that if a second wave of infections did occur, the Bank would have to respond. “It is our job to meet the needs of the people and we all have our sleeves rolled up to do it.”

To me this comment screams negative interest rates so watch out if you have cash in the banks. :?
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:24 pm UK unemployment to double and economy to shrink by 14%, warns Bank of England

This links to the Guardians' version of this story but its also covered in various other MSM.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oronavirus

One quote I picked out is;
Bailey said that if a second wave of infections did occur, the Bank would have to respond. “It is our job to meet the needs of the people and we all have our sleeves rolled up to do it.”

To me this comment screams negative interest rates so watch out if you have cash in the banks. :?
My thought too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

What does negative int rates entail?
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

diamond lil wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:14 pm What does negative int rates entail?
They CHARGE you to keep money in your account instead of them paying you interest.
jansman

Post by jansman »

preppergb wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:29 pm
diamond lil wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:14 pm What does negative int rates entail?
They CHARGE you to keep money in your account instead of them paying you interest.
Yes.

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

But just before that, you get a bank run. Then a crash.

Robert Frost.

Me.