2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
jansman

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by jansman »

My boss today said that if we have ‘self isolation’ then it is P 45 time.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:05 am Probably negative interest rates will follow soon then?

Time to get your spare cash out and into precious metals or other safe assets while you still can?

Update;
Watching Carney lie through his teeth on live TV. Watch the markets dive tomorrow.
I’d put money into grub. Back in the 2008 crash, many butchers I did business with bought pallets of corned beef ( 6lb cans) as the shelf life was 5 years, at ambient storage and they knew they would easily double their money. They did.!

Bank of England cutting interest rates to £uck all makes a mockery of saving money.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"Bank of England cutting interest rates to £uck all makes a mockery of saving money."

You are spot on Jansman and when the interest rates go negative they will simply be taking some of what you have left without asking. Its getting really silly and dangerous out there now. :evil:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 pm "Bank of England cutting interest rates to £uck all makes a mockery of saving money."

You are spot on Jansman and when the interest rates go negative they will simply be taking some of what you have left without asking. Its getting really silly and dangerous out there now. :evil:
Think I saw something this morning to the effect that the BOE weren't going to do the negative interest rate stuff but they had other ideas how to push things along the way they wanted. It was all a bit cryptic but what I took was NO negative interest in the UK.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Best putting it into tangible assets. :lol: more 12 bore cartridges and .22 shells. And Corned Dog. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Deeps wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 pm
Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 pm "Bank of England cutting interest rates to £uck all makes a mockery of saving money."

Think I saw something this morning to the effect that the BOE weren't going to do the negative interest rate stuff but they had other ideas how to push things along the way they wanted. It was all a bit cryptic but what I took was NO negative interest in the UK.
Yep, when you hear statements like that expect the opposite. The chancellor also said in his later statement that they would be "adapting to future developments" which covers pretty much anything else. Hope im wrong but...... :(
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

I will start to go with Precious Metals , but mainly food. And anything long life. The Panic demic has shown what folks run to. Seems to me that the country is headed for tough times.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Yep, when you hear statements like that expect the opposite. The chancellor also said in his later statement that they would be "adapting to future developments" which covers pretty much anything else. Hope im wrong but...... :(
They can't win then, if Cairney had said that it was something that he was considering would that mean it was something that he wasn't considering ????

It can get a bit "only the true Messiah denies his divinity...." :lol: Although I suspect its more a case of having our personal biases and bending things to fit them.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Strikes me that it is a house of cards. That house is only just holding up to the changing winds.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 pm My boss today said that if we have ‘self isolation’ then it is P 45 time.
Make sure you breath on the barsteward and lick his car door handle if you get it
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine