Banks leaving after brexit

For all things financial
jansman

Post by jansman »

Banks poised to relocate out of UK over Brexit, BBA warns
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37743700
Interesting situation, as this is our biggest 'export '.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Slazanger

Re: Banks leaving after brexit

Post by Slazanger »

jansman wrote:Banks poised to relocate out of UK over Brexit, BBA warns
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37743700
Interesting situation, as this is our biggest 'export '.
Im in two minds about this one..

our banks employ a lot of people, and bring in a lot of tax revenue for the country...

yet..

they have seemingly held the country hostage with the whole too big to fail and have been surrounded by countless scandals
TopSod

Post by TopSod »

I think it depends which media outlet you want to believe. The BBC couldn't be any more biased if they tried, even positive news will have the words 'despite brexit' somewhere in the article. Yet other outlets are saying the banks aren't going anywhere and Brexit hasn't even made them blink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

TopSod wrote:I think it depends which media outlet you want to believe. The BBC couldn't be any more biased if they tried, even positive news will have the words 'despite brexit' somewhere in the article. Yet other outlets are saying the banks aren't going anywhere and Brexit hasn't even made them blink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I also noticed the BBC Bias.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Ya know, I'm heartliy sick of hearing/reading all these threats from the liberal lefties, spoilt brats, SJW's, keepers of the status quo of all the doom and gloom Britain will suffer when Brexit takes place crap.

Can't these folk understand, the British people voted and the vote was to leave the EU. Now I know it's tough for some of these terribly precious little darlings(and I inculde big business in that statement) to understand the fact that the decision went against them, but FFS get a grip and move on! It's done, you're whining isn't going to change the result.
So instead of b!tching about how they think 52% of the British public were wrong and they are right try working towards a Britain post brexit together. Yep I know ain't going to happen, the remainers will make life as difficult as possible and royally scew up any and all deals like the petulant brats they are. [and breath] :D Feel better now.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I find it amazing that you have anti capitalist protesters that are on the same side as Goldman Sachs and are unable to see the fault in their reasoning, it actually boggles the mind.

I'm not going to knock anyone however they voted in the referendum, any election or whenever, though I am getting a little sick of the assumption from some remain voters that I voted to leave the EU because I'm a racist, or that I'm too simple minded or poorly educated to understand the issues and was conned by Nigel Farage, or that I'm old and have ruined the younger generation's future, or even that I regret my obvious mistake in voting leave and need someone to save me from my own idiocy.
How someone voted in the referendum will only tell you one thing about them, and that is how they voted in the referendum, it won't tell you if they're a racist, young, old or whatever, and assuming anything else is eventually going to make you look silly.

I decided how I would vote in any referendum on EU membership as soon as I was old enough to understand the implications of John Major signing the Maastricht treaty, long before I was old enough to vote, I spent a lot of time in France as a child/teenager, and when I started to see the Tricolore being taken down from public buildings in favour of the EU flag I didn't like it, and decided to look into it and learn what it all meant, I've been watching the goings on ever since and nothing has changed my mind on the issue, in fact I dislike the EU even more the more I learn about it.

Neither campaign had any bearing on how I voted, although some of the dodgy claims thrown around by the remain side (not wishing to start an argument here, both sides came out with some right rubbish) did help to push my mrs to vote leave.

One other thing, it's getting pretty obvious that a lot of the media outlets that were in favour of either side are desperately trying to prove themselves right, so a healthy dose of skepticism when reading any news reports is even more important than usual at the moment.
Last edited by Jamesey1981 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:Ya know, I'm heartliy sick of hearing/reading all these threats from the liberal lefties, spoilt brats, SJW's, keepers of the status quo of all the doom and gloom Britain will suffer when Brexit takes place crap.

Can't these folk understand, the British people voted and the vote was to leave the EU. Now I know it's tough for some of these terribly precious little darlings(and I inculde big business in that statement) to understand the fact that the decision went against them, but FFS get a grip and move on! It's done, you're whining isn't going to change the result.
So instead of b!tching about how they think 52% of the British public were wrong and they are right try working towards a Britain post brexit together. Yep I know ain't going to happen, the remainers will make life as difficult as possible and royally scew up any and all deals like the petulant brats they are. [and breath] :D Feel better now.
As someone who voted to stay I'm with you Brambles, its happened, rather than greeting about it we should be trying to make the best of it. The folk who have been trying to challenge the legality of it all are missing the point entirely.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 67126.html

Right or wrong, it was put to the people, the people voted and while it was pretty close its irrelevant, its a bit churlish to use technicalities to try and go against a referendum. Even as a Euro lovin' 'stayer' I think there are some positives about leaving, even if I didn't it wouldn't matter, its a done deal, we need to move on and do the best we can, we should be looking to the positives and not the negatives (we'll seem them differently of course) but we have no option but to crack on.

Saying that its not going to be simple, there's a million and one different agreements to be made with a lot of horse trading so I feel for them that will be in the hot seats but that's what they're paid for.
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

:o I thought the discussion of politics was frowned upon in this forum
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

PreparedKent wrote::o I thought the discussion of politics was frowned upon in this forum
Good catch. I'm typing this from the naughty step.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Brambles wrote:Ya know, I'm heartliy sick of hearing/reading all these threats from the liberal lefties, spoilt brats, SJW's, keepers of the status quo of all the doom and gloom Britain will suffer when Brexit takes place crap.
Agreed!

Yay! In before the lock. :lol:
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======