Banks leaving after brexit

For all things financial
jansman

Re: Banks leaving after brexit

Post by jansman »

PreparedKent wrote::o I thought the discussion of politics was frowned upon in this forum
Not political .Not when I posted it! Merely a financial observation.

If the banks go tits up/ south/down the pan/ ELSEWHERE! then what?

I hate the money dealers.I have been stung on my mortgage and pension.

If it went totally South we could be another Argentina. If you are not familiar with the Argentine Crash, just Google it.

The vote was cast for the Brexit issue.The outcome must be honoured as we live in a democracy. I believe in Democracy.

Just as long as the 52% don't squeal like stuck pigs when the economy tanks, then they may call for a better kind of democracy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
covertcolin

Post by covertcolin »

good, get out and clear off.

media hype and panic about banks leaving and 'all the great bankers skills heading out of UK'

what skills?- causing an international/worldwide crisis and being bailed out by your chums in parliament?

media causing fear that our national rating will be downgraded, countries running an economy on gambling, dodgy loans, inflated property prices, arms sales, fossil fuels and keeping the rich- rich...

let them leave...chase them out....

Iceland did it the right way
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

jansman wrote:
PreparedKent wrote::o I thought the discussion of politics was frowned upon in this forum
Not political .Not when I posted it! Merely a financial observation.

If the banks go tits up/ south/down the pan/ ELSEWHERE! then what?

I hate the money dealers.I have been stung on my mortgage and pension.

If it went totally South we could be another Argentina. If you are not familiar with the Argentine Crash, just Google it.

The vote was cast for the Brexit issue.The outcome must be honoured as we live in a democracy. I believe in Democracy.

Just as long as the 52% don't squeal like stuck pigs when the economy tanks, then they may call for a better kind of democracy.
Wasn't meant for you just pointed it out as I was told off in another post
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Banks are the organisations that loan money to people who are trying to build companies; you can't start a company without a loan. Companies are groups of people who are trying to make money from providing goods or services. Companies are the organisations that do what is arguably one of the most moral things in today's modern world - providing employment.

So don't buy all this bankers are all w4nkers bullshit. It's a lot more complicated.

In my view capitalism, like democracy, is the least worst of the systems available to us. So not perfect in any way, but better than any alternative.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

sethorly wrote:Banks are the organisations that loan money to people who are trying to build companies; you can't start a company without a loan. Companies are groups of people who are trying to make money from providing goods or services. Companies are the organisations that do what is arguably one of the most moral things in today's modern world - providing employment.

So don't buy all this bankers are all w4nkers bullshit. It's a lot more complicated.

In my view capitalism, like democracy, is the least worst of the systems available to us. So not perfect in any way, but better than any alternative.
Totally Disagree You Do not NEED a Loan to start a company, you need capital, which could be your savings. I wonder who Backed Richard Brans in his telephone box back in the day?
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Hamradioop wrote:you need capital
Yep! :)
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
covertcolin

Post by covertcolin »

sethorly wrote:Banks are the organisations that loan money to people who are trying to build companies; you can't start a company without a loan. Companies are groups of people who are trying to make money from providing goods or services. Companies are the organisations that do what is arguably one of the most moral things in today's modern world - providing employment.

completely disagree here. didn't use a loan to start my business. haven't been to a bank yet for help either...

if the banks leave - as 'threatened' by them- they'll still do business here as theres a ton of cash to be passed (legally and not) to them.

anyway--moving on.