Pound coin being replaced in 2017

For all things financial
Decaff

Re: Pound coin being replaced in 2017

Post by Decaff »

jansman wrote:My brother is the same Decaff. He has gone boom to bust and back again. We have just p!odded along and have the house paid, a moderate pension each, moderate savings and no debt . And a stash of old style pound coins!! :lol:
It's very much like the tortoise and the hare!! Personally I would be unable to sleep if I had debt, no pension provision, no savings... :? Wouldn't swap lifestyles anytime soon with them!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

yorkshirewolf wrote:
Decaff wrote:not just the younger generations, my brother who earns over £90k a year and his wife who earns good money also, admitted that they have no savings, no pensions, no nothing and struggled to pay the mortgage (a small new build 2 bed) and drowning in credit card debt!! Her embarrassing retort was "we choose to have a lifestyle instead" Their eyebrows shot up when I told them on my meagre earnings that I had a good amount of savings, a pension and not one penny of debt, my reply was, I choose to live within my means and not waste money on nonsense consumer junk.
Yeah it's frightening the mentality some people have, i used to know a guy who worked in the city who was on 140 grand a year, his wife on 35 grand a year, yet every year he waited for his bonus to pay off credit cards.
But he had a new car on finance every year - and always something ridiculous - a new 110 Defender at one point, to drive to the train station and back every day :?

It was all about keeping up with the Joneses and appearing wealthy and successful, but it was all on credit, loans, mortgage up to the buffers...

Fur coat and no knickers my mother calls it. :lol:
Yes, he's had the BMW, the Mercedes, The Audi and the Porsche, now the poor darlings are reduced to driving around in a VW :roll:

That's one of my sayings too, fur coat no knickers :lol:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Decaff wrote:
jansman wrote:.....no pension provision, no savings... :? Wouldn't swap lifestyles anytime soon with them!
Neither would I .
That said , I sort of understand those that live life for the moment. We only have one life and I can understand those who prefer to enjoy it rather than spend their lives worrying , skimping and saving. It's crossed my mind and probably the minds of many others that saving counts for little when , for example , claiming benefits to be told that you're not eligible but those who have pissed it all up the wall have their benefits guaranteed . I suppose that's not 100% true but it certainly feels like it at time.
Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

yorkshirewolf wrote:Fur coat and no knickers my mother calls it. :lol:
And what is wrong with that? :P
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Alloneword wrote:
yorkshirewolf wrote:Fur coat and no knickers my mother calls it. :lol:
And what is wrong with that? :P

It can get a bit err chilly :lol: :lol: