Another little step towards a cashless society.

For all things financial
Arzosah

Re: Another little step towards a cashless society.

Post by Arzosah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:52 am

grenfell wrote:Even other precious metals such as platinum find their way into catalictic converters and following on from that I have read of someone exploring the possibility of extracting it from road dust.
Ooh yes ... and isn't there a mineral used in solar panels that's only found in one of the southern African countries? The road dust thing is very interesting.
Going off topic , I'm not quite sure about aliens and pyramids and the like but I do sometimes think about the paradoxes in Star Trek for instance . They have replicators that can create anything from food to engine parts and such a thing would make gold , or any physical form of money obsolete, energy would be the only thing of any value , yet there are races such as the Ferengi who still lust after their gold pressed Latinum . 8-)
Star Trek! You're my new hero :) :) :) I bet the Trek scientists would find a valid explanation, like why the Terminator can't make a gun, no moving parts.
Oh and that term "foreigner " is used around here too.
Excellent news that other people know it, nobody's heard of it in my bit of the south ...
My blog (all mended now) www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk
There are some Amazon affiliate links in this blog

itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 pm

It's called a guvvie in my neck of the woods :mrgreen:
Area 10 coordinator

Brambles

Post by Brambles » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:26 pm

In the part of the south where I'm from, that's known as a Homer. :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon

grenfell

Post by grenfell » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 am

I seem to recall , but stand to be corrected if I'm wrong , that working in the Lake District they used the term homer too.