Another little step towards a cashless society.

For all things financial
jansman

Re: Another little step towards a cashless society.

Post by jansman »

Wood cutter wrote:I find it difficult to feel sorry for these 'average families' for whom living standards are going to dive so low. There has never been a better time for anyone to boost their income and provide whatever standard of living they see fit for their family. We live in an age in which those traditionally seen as low skilled workers can make decent money. I don't have a single client who works in a 'trade' (spark, plumber, landscaper, etc) who earns less than what an accountant or solicitor would earn in their town.

At this time, we all make our own choices and all have the opportunity to reap the benefits of our labours. If people are happy to play the victim, and sit around in the evening watching TV whilst moaning about the quality of their life, that's not the fault of anyone but them.

We should also not forget that these people having such a hard time are probably wasting their lives watching a huge great flat screen TV, whilst playing a game on their iPad, and occasionally checking their social media profiles on their new iPhone. Sometimes I wonder how they find the time to be poor.
So folks who are having a financial hard time are not allowed a tv or computer then? Sitting down after a day at work IS reaping the benefit of your labour. Some of “these people”, do physical, manual hard work.

You are one arrogant t***!I hope you never fall on hard times my old lad.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:

You are one arrogant t***!I hope you never fall on hard times my old lad.
At the risk of being a spelling nazi, I think you've spelt that wrong Jansman, it definitely starts with a 'C'. :D
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Steady now boys..... I don't want to have to lock the thread. :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Brambles wrote:Steady now boys..... I don't want to have to lock the thread. :mrgreen:
Ah, come on now. You've just learned how to embed a gif, don't waste the opportunity to try out your new skill! :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote:
Wood cutter wrote:I find it difficult to feel sorry for these 'average families' for whom living standards are going to dive so low. There has never been a better time for anyone to boost their income and provide whatever standard of living they see fit for their family. We live in an age in which those traditionally seen as low skilled workers can make decent money. I don't have a single client who works in a 'trade' (spark, plumber, landscaper, etc) who earns less than what an accountant or solicitor would earn in their town.

At this time, we all make our own choices and all have the opportunity to reap the benefits of our labours. If people are happy to play the victim, and sit around in the evening watching TV whilst moaning about the quality of their life, that's not the fault of anyone but them.

We should also not forget that these people having such a hard time are probably wasting their lives watching a huge great flat screen TV, whilst playing a game on their iPad, and occasionally checking their social media profiles on their new iPhone. Sometimes I wonder how they find the time to be poor.
I hope you never fall on hard times my old lad.
Really? I was leaning completely the other way... :mrgreen:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

itsybitsy wrote:
Brambles wrote:Steady now boys..... I don't want to have to lock the thread. :mrgreen:
Ah, come on now. You've just learned how to embed a gif, don't waste the opportunity to try out your new skill! :lol:
I already knew how to embed a gif thankyouverymuch, I did however learn that you can't embed a cif or popkey :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

On behalf of my fellow moderators, I have to say to the members here that the mod team taking the mickey out of Woodcutter is not usual! He has rattled a few cages with his lack of compassion for people less fortunate than himself.That does not sit well with me.

Remember those yuppies back in the 80's? The ones drinking champagne and lighting fags with banknotes? Well this cartoon character reminds me of them.The same type as the Victorian rich who blamed The Poor for their own misfortune.It had nothing to do with starvation wages- sound familiar?

Anyone who shows such a lack of compassion for less fortunate people has no place here IMO.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Karma - aka Comeuppance - lurks behind doors in our future and jumps out at us when we are least expecting it. Be careful, Woodcutter :twisted: