Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

For all things financial
User avatar
Arwen Thebard
Posts: 614
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by Arwen Thebard » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 pm

(Down by 83% on my initial investment!) OUCH. :shock:

HODL. 8-) It will come good by the end of the year I reckon.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"

User avatar
pseudonym
Posts: 3236
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:11 am
Location: East Midlands

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by pseudonym » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Arzosah wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm
It looks like I'm getting my financial boxes ticked just in time :( I got the delivery from Silver Trader the other day. More to come, but spreading the risk by buying regularly.

And the pound really has tanked. I've watched the sterling/euro exchange rate for 20 years, because of this dratted French apartment I bought, and the rate is the worst I've seen it.

ETA - ouch, peejay! Sorry to hear about the 83%.

EETA - you norty person, pseudonym :lol: I hope that booze is the best champagne :mrgreen:
Some of my previous post may of been stretching reality a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The roads are pretty bad and if you do end up getting stuck its hard to justify your reason for being on the roads as 'vegan mince for a feckin' princess'.

Arzosah
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by Arzosah » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:31 pm

pseudonym wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:22 pm
Arzosah wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm
EETA - you norty person, pseudonym :lol: I hope that booze is the best champagne :mrgreen:
Some of my previous post may of been stretching reality a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stretching is always fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
My blog (all mended now) www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk
There are some Amazon affiliate links in this blog

User avatar
itsybitsy
Posts: 6587
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by itsybitsy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am

Arzosah wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm
It looks like I'm getting my financial boxes ticked just in time :( I got the delivery from Silver Trader the other day. More to come, but spreading the risk by buying regularly.
I was about to put a relatively large order in with Silver Trader, but his prices have gone up so I'm going to hang fire for a bit. Really wanted to get a hefty order in sooner rather than later. :cry:
Area 10 coordinator

Arzosah
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by Arzosah » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm

itsybitsy wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am
I was about to put a relatively large order in with Silver Trader, but his prices have gone up so I'm going to hang fire for a bit. Really wanted to get a hefty order in sooner rather than later. :cry:
I was going to put in a 2nd order the same size as the first, but yes, hanging fire even on that for the moment.
My blog (all mended now) www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk
There are some Amazon affiliate links in this blog

jansman
Posts: 7150
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by jansman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 am

I won’t be buying any pms until the market stabilises. Prices are riding high, as investors seek ‘safety’ in precious metals. That stability may be a while coming though. You’d be better off buying other metals, like tin, that contains corned beef! :lol:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. In the last recession, some butchers we did business with bought pallet loads. As it is ambient- stable, there were no storage costs involved, and the return on it was far better than money in the bank.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

User avatar
itsybitsy
Posts: 6587
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by itsybitsy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 am

jansman wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 am
I won’t be buying any pms until the market stabilises. Prices are riding high, as investors seek ‘safety’ in precious metals. That stability may be a while coming though. You’d be better off buying other metals, like tin, that contains corned beef! :lol:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. In the last recession, some butchers we did business with bought pallet loads. As it is ambient- stable, there were no storage costs involved, and the return on it was far better than money in the bank.
Big shop for me coming. And heading to France at the end of October to stock up on wine and all the French stuff I like before the B word hits us. :(
Area 10 coordinator

User avatar
itsybitsy
Posts: 6587
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by itsybitsy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 am

Arzosah wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm
itsybitsy wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am
I was about to put a relatively large order in with Silver Trader, but his prices have gone up so I'm going to hang fire for a bit. Really wanted to get a hefty order in sooner rather than later. :cry:
I was going to put in a 2nd order the same size as the first, but yes, hanging fire even on that for the moment.
He does offer discounts for scale of purchase. He also has a facebook page and sometimes the prices are a little lower on there than in the store - not sure why that is though.
Area 10 coordinator

Arzosah
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by Arzosah » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:26 am

I hadn't gone there, itsy, thanks for that. My purchases are very minor compared to most people's, I think, but I still want a good deal :)
My blog (all mended now) www.preparednessfactandfiction.co.uk
There are some Amazon affiliate links in this blog

User avatar
itsybitsy
Posts: 6587
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by itsybitsy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am

Arzosah wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:26 am
I hadn't gone there, itsy, thanks for that. My purchases are very minor compared to most people's, I think, but I still want a good deal :)
I meant to say Ebay not Facebook. Doh! :roll:
Area 10 coordinator

Post Reply