Gold at £1335 :shock:
gadgetguy

Re: 24hr Spot prices Live

Post by gadgetguy »

Forget that :oops: My gold price app had reset itself to dollars :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

gadgetguy wrote:Saw it hit £1067 in the early hours. i don't think i will be investing at these rates,once the marlets calm over Europe then it should fall back some,i hope :lol:
That's what I'm waiting for. I was getting Britannia's for £16.79 and now they are just shy of 23 quid. :evil:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

itsybitsy wrote:
gadgetguy wrote:Saw it hit £1067 in the early hours. i don't think i will be investing at these rates,once the marlets calm over Europe then it should fall back some,i hope :lol:
That's what I'm waiting for. I was getting Britannia's for £16.79 and now they are just shy of 23 quid. :evil:
They've a long way to fall before I buy any more too. :tinfoil
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Squirrelcatcher

Post by Squirrelcatcher »

I must admit that I was in the position of watching said spot price at 01:30 on the morning of Brexit. The markets had decided that it would be a 'no' vote win and the spot price was nicely down around the 8 hundred and something. I begrudgingly concluded that the 'no' camp had won and went to bed confident of buying some cheap gold later in the morning. Noooooo!!!
Needless to say, if the Olympics had included a new rhythmic gymnastics move where you could continually kick your own ars@ for over two hours, I would be a gold medal winner.
Still working on my DIY Tardis.
jansman

Post by jansman »

If you have precious metals to sell, now is the time. Gold at £1,147 and silver at £13.107. Says a lot about world events ( I think).
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 pm If you have precious metals to sell, now is the time. Gold at £1,147 and silver at £13.107. Says a lot about world events ( I think).
I don't have nearly enough to sell, I'd still be making a loss right now. However, I noticed our friend SilverTrader has reduced the prices of his silver Britannia - I got one only last week that was cheaper then the one I bought a month ago.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm still not buying silver regularly :( and as a "preserver of wealth" it really should be part of my strategy. Must do better. Silver Trader look interesting! I hope they'd still sell to me, living in the south of England as I do :shock: The Britannia is the best to buy regularly, isn't it, being the classic coin? I've been readjusting my retirement funds between cash and shares, and I'm definitely ready to look at silver now.

I *have* re-researched the traders at Hatton Garden who buy scrap silver from the public - we have a kilo or so of African non-hallmarked ornaments to share out between my brother and sister and I, and we're agreed we all want to sell them. I've chosen Premier Bullion and Landale Precious Metal Recovery to go to: its a question of non-invasive testing and the price per gram.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Silver now £13.230 and gold £1,141.93.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:04 am I'm still not buying silver regularly :( and as a "preserver of wealth" it really should be part of my strategy. Must do better. Silver Trader look interesting! I hope they'd still sell to me, living in the south of England as I do :shock: The Britannia is the best to buy regularly, isn't it, being the classic coin? I've been readjusting my retirement funds between cash and shares, and I'm definitely ready to look at silver now.

I *have* re-researched the traders at Hatton Garden who buy scrap silver from the public - we have a kilo or so of African non-hallmarked ornaments to share out between my brother and sister and I, and we're agreed we all want to sell them. I've chosen Premier Bullion and Landale Precious Metal Recovery to go to: its a question of non-invasive testing and the price per gram.
https://www.silvertrader.uk/

I don't think he's worried about where you live, that's just his strapline :D But he also has an ebay page that I use sometimes too; when I have enough Nectar points and I can score a free coin! :mrgreen: