Insurance.

For all things financial
jansman

Re: Insurance.

Post by jansman »

If I get half of it back,I will consider myself well off! Main thing is that the old boy is getting better.Thanks all for asking. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Into the fire last night on really reinforced the amount of damage a house fire can cause

From the fire and the amount of water the firefighters pour on ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

yeah it made me think that one too, not only do any documents need to be kept fireproof but water proofing too something I hadn't considered before, water damage from anything more than a burst pipe (house insurance covers that). We live half way up a big hill so it would take some major rain for flooding to affect us.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

We have a Sentrysafe box, its not only fire-proof but its designed so when it gets really hot the lid fuses shut and seals out the gallons of water the Fire service are going to use.

That company also offers free replacement if you send them photos of the case after your fire.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

Nice one, thanks for the tip I'll look into them and try to talk SWMBO round :)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well...the dog went and did the other leg! With a dislocated knee too.He is home and sitting on me right now.The insurance will come,across in the fullness of time,but right now we have had to stump up £1100 in cold ,hard readies.

What's that to do with prepping? This is real- world SHTF.No zombies,asteroids or EMP. Last week we had to get the old cast- iron guttering replaced; something else to fork out. We are not unique.

It's not all about bug out bags and NBC suits.Disaster happens to families everyday.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:46 pm Well...the dog went and did the other leg! With a dislocated knee too.He is home and sitting on me right now.The insurance will come,across in the fullness of time,but right now we have had to stump up £1100 in cold ,hard readies.

What's that to do with prepping? This is real- world SHTF.No zombies,asteroids or EMP. Last week we had to get the old cast- iron guttering replaced; something else to fork out. We are not unique.

It's not all about bug out bags and NBC suits.Disaster happens to families everyday.
Hope the dug is ok mate. They ain't cheap to run but they do give you a lot back.
jansman

Post by jansman »

The old boy is ok.Just getting over major surgery/drugs etc.Mrs J is glad to have him back! He is certainly a family member.

The point of my post though,is to highlight the rocky road of life being smoothed by advance planning.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:16 pm The old boy is ok.Just getting over major surgery/drugs etc.Mrs J is glad to have him back! He is certainly a family member.

The point of my post though,is to highlight the rocky road of life being smoothed by advance planning.
Yeah I know mate, I'm a soft touch when it comes to the beasts though. We've got decent insurance for our dugs and cat. As much as anything because my missus wouldn't deal well with the 'difficult' decisions.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Your poor dog! Glad to hear he's recovered from this bout too.