Radio Frequencies of note

DundeePrepper

Re: Radio Frequencies of note

Post by DundeePrepper »

If you know them can you post the UK Radio Mic frequencys... not a prep thing for me I do a bit of comparing/karaoke hosting with radio mics and would like to have a handheld radio that will override the singing to request bouncers etc..

ta
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

DundeePrepper wrote:If you know them can you post the UK Radio Mic frequencys...
The regulations have changed and there are something of a mix of different (old and new) radio mice out there, best bet is to look on the receiver as it will say. Expect variable results though, with feedback and angry DJs or customers near the speakers. :shock:
tc556guy

Post by tc556guy »

Malthouse wrote:So long as you only want to listen, it is very straight forward.

Pick up a Boafeng UV5R, or similar. Key in the numbers above, as required. Sit back and listen.

If you want to transmit, then a can if worms lies before you. :)

I have written a course for learning to operate and understand the subtleties of radios and basic setup, nothing like the Ham depth of knowledge. But I have not got around to putting it online yet.
If you have the info in a word doc or PDF I'd love to get a copy to add to my library collection
*My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
MizerD

Post by MizerD »

Malthouse wrote:I have written a course for learning to operate and understand the subtleties of radios and basic setup, nothing like the Ham depth of knowledge. But I have not got around to putting it online yet.
That right there is something I'd love to read as its something I really want to get into, without even the slightest clue as where to start!
The only thing more valuable than the things you carry, is knowing how to make and maintain them.
Jack the Lad

Post by Jack the Lad »

Unfortunately Malthouse left the forum earlier this week. Thankfully there are many amateur radio clubs who can offer you as much info/guidance as you need. if you do a quick search some have online guides on there web sites.
Donquay

Post by Donquay »

I would like to know about this course too. Who are the people to ask? There seems to be a lot of talk of radios on here and that is why I signed up.
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

Jack the Lad wrote:Unfortunately Malthouse left the forum earlier this week
Not exactly true...
Entirely certain that nothing is certain

Jack the Lad

Post by Jack the Lad »

Completly true. How he left is another matter I wont be discussing.
Rearfang

Post by Rearfang »

Haven't checked in this week seems I missed something