Radio Frequencies of note

ForgeCorvus

Re: Radio Frequencies of note

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Donquay wrote:Thanks. That is the most helpful post in pages! Do rescue use 14.215.00 Mhz, am, usb?
Pass, what I know about radio comms could be written on a postage stamp.

Hopeful someone who does know will be along soon

ETA: From page one, might not be the only ones used
Malthouse wrote:Emergency Services

RAF Mountain Rescue 84.300 MHz
RAF Mountain Rescue 153.600 MHz
NATO Joint Search & Rescue Operations 123.100 MHz
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Donquay

Post by Donquay »

Thank you FG. Malthouse knew his stuff, but could not show proper respect for the MODS who run this sight.
Auntystatic

Post by Auntystatic »

Donquay wrote:Thanks. That is the most helpful post in pages! Do rescue use 14.215.00 Mhz, am, usb?
nope that is a ham radio frequency that any amateur can use at any time it is not recognised as an emergency frequency, most of the emergency services use encrypted UHF trunked digital pmr and won't hear you, RAF search and rescue is being passed out to private companies and I don't know at this time what frequencies they will use, and if it will be digital or analogue.

Britain is small enough for the powers that be not to think that we need an emergency civil radio system/frequency, when they can not cover everything with the emergency services they call on Raynet and the 4X4 Response groups, like the Olympic torch relay or tour de France events, and floods (ever wondered why they called in the army and not the navy for the floods? :twisted: )

Over the pond when Katrina hit, the Louisiana state senator Ben Nevers. After passing on some important information to his emergency manager using radio equipment, he exclaimed: “Thank God for ham radio”, here after seeing the SHTF over there, the home secretary instructed all local councils that they need to give a good valid reason to decline planning permission for a ham radio mast, being unsightly is not a valid reason.