Essex Hams Courses for Radio

Hamradioop

Essex Hams Courses for Radio

Post by Hamradioop »

for those preppers who may be thinking about Foundation licence.
Essex Ham which is run by Pete (M0PSX) do a free on-line foundation syllabus to aid in the learning of the Foundation.
Obviously the foundation practicals and exam would be needed to be booked via a club but many are finding Essex Ham's distant learning scheme a great help. More info here http://www.essexham.co.uk/getstarted
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Briggs 2.0

Re: Essex Hams Courses for Radio

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

I know I could Google this but you probably know the answer already. Do they do distant learning for Advanced? The RSGB Advanced book arrived today, it and I'm quite interested in taking the exam but work commitments make it difficult to attend regular club training sessions.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Briggs,
I don't think Essex Ham do the Advanced yet.
I see Pete often and speak regulary on the Essex Ham Monday Night Net which he chairs.
One thing I know is that he is more than willing to help any amateur or future amateur so why not drop him a line and ask him what course and tutor he recommended to Defcon Bri :lol: via Pete's QRZ.com page.
He did give me some info on an advanced learning course but I kinda lost it and need to ask him again.

Best wishes,
Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Distance Learning is available for Advanced level only, Jan to June/July and June to Dec.Bath Based Advanced Distance Learning Team contact G0FUW@tiscali.co.uk.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Appin

Post by Appin »

Hi Briggs.

Look a the Bath based distance learning course. It is superb, just done it and passed.

Runs over 6 months and the support from the tutors is great. They have a good pass rate over 80%

Appin
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Cheers, I'll check them out.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors