Advanced Radio Exam

Appin

Advanced Radio Exam

Post by Appin »

Unbelievably I have just had the letter confirming I have passed the advanced exam and now have a Full licence.

If anyone else is thinking of doing the advanced exam look at the "Bath Based Distance Learning Course". If you stick the whole course it costs you nothing. You pay at the start but get your money back if you stick with it to the end doesn't matter if you pass or fail. Pass rate is 85% ( nationally it is 65% ) http://badarc.webs.com/bath-training . http://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2rs/he ... ng-course/

Regards

Appin
Decaff

Re: Advanced Radio Exam

Post by Decaff »

Congratulations to you! Well done :mrgreen:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Congratulations & thanks for those links.

Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
The-Mendologist

Post by The-Mendologist »

Congratulations, well done you ;)
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

The Bath Distance Learning course is very well regarded in ham circles. Highly recommended.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Rearfang

Post by Rearfang »

Something to look into next year
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

Big WELL DONE !!!!

I always said I would never do the full as it would not give me anything I would use day to day and am happy at 2E0 but a few people have spoken highly of the Bath club and a guy at our local one passed with them so I may give it a shot next year if I find some spare time on my hands as at the moment its very much in short supply
Appin

Post by Appin »

Hi Paul,

The BBDL is fantastic. They hold your hand the whole way. They are quite clear you will need several hours per week to make it work They break the whole course down into manageable chunks and provide regular quizzes on what you have done as well as frequent practice exams at the end. You get written teaching material as well as using the RSGB Advanced Exam handbook.

There is a tutor to help you if you get stuck with particular areas.

I got lucky because my revision got hit work commitments. Also if you are already an experienced intermediate it will help.

Don't let the maths put you off as Steve Hartley points out only about 10% of the questions are maths based so it is not a deal breaker. They even do a whole week on the maths and how to use the calculator.

The cost issue works like this. You give them a cheque but if you stick with the course you get your money back. Does not matter if you pass or fail or even defer the exam to a later date. They give you your money back provided you complete the assignments sent out as part of the course.

Regards

Appin
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

I might give it a look a bit later in the year, its hectic at the moment so having the few hours each week really is a push but hopefully things will calm down and ill be able to breath a bit and take a nice deep breath and dive in to it all :)

I have to admit it would be nice to have the Full just to apply for the NOV's down the line