Baofeng UV-5R

Wingfoot

Re: Baofeng UV-5R

Post by Wingfoot »

Appin wrote: Wingfoot Given that location do you show up on http://www.cheshiresdr.co.uk/ which is based near Chester?

I used to work near Hack Green years ago. It was not well known and initially I assumed the signs saying "This way to the Secret Nuclear Bunker" were either a joke or some kind of night club.

Appin

Hi Appin

Yes, a 5w transmision on 2M from my home QTH shows up on the hack green display, I find it useful to listen to occasionally when chasing SOTA stations.

Are you still within range of hack green yourself ?

Cheers
Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

TheOldHObbit wrote:
Wingfoot wrote:
TheOldHObbit wrote:Well I have only gone and passed my Foundation......... Onwards and upwards. I am now planning to build a powerpack and radio into a half size Pelicase as a grab and go. It will of course have a roll up slim jim antenna as its main antenna but also a smaller whip. Time to play peeps :D Oh I forgot what thread I was on Doh!! So to keep it on subject, I will also keep a couple of Baofeng 5r5's in the case also. 73

Congratulations on passing the foundation course, enjoy the hobby.

Wf
Appreciate the comment. When I have my c/s I will post it up and who knows, may have a QSO. 73
I look forward to it !

Cheers
Wf
TheOldHObbit

Post by TheOldHObbit »

:D M6KVK :D
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

TheOldHObbit,
Congrats on the new call, I'd be careful about posting your call sign though ;)

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Wulfshead wrote:TheOldHObbit,
Congrats on the new call, I'd be careful about posting your call sign though ;)

Wulfshead
Hi Wulfshead

Hope your well, I have sent you a PM, I got my callsign back in October & I did forward it to Pete at Essex ham with a request he forward it, not sure if you got it as it seemed you were AWOL from here for a while. :D

Wf
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Wingfoot,
Yep, I'm not too bad, usual aches but I'm getting use to it lol.
I remember Pete mentioning it now you remind me, He usually keeps me informed on who contacted him via me.
I often have a break from forums for a bit of a detox if you will, I am currently detoxing from FB but will need to slip back in as I hear C.A.R.S now have a FB page.
As I'm a member of C.A.R.S I thought I'd better slip onto FB and like the radio society's page that I am a member of.
Hope all is good with you ?
I will no doubt be verbally scalded on Monday night for not going to our clubs 'Skills Night', I somehow managed to smash my foot and remove a toenail in the process lol. I can well do without standing up for 2 hours talking radios when I can sit at home until I'm a bit less lame, don't get me off dusting duties though :lol:

Catch you later

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
EssexHam

Post by EssexHam »

Hi Wulfshead,

I can verbally scald you here instead if you prefer! :D

All understood. It was a quieter-than-usual meeting last week, but still lots of fun. Shame you couldn't make it, but understand the reasons. I'll tell everyone you prefer staying at home dusting to listening to odd quiz questions, talking radio and drinking tea with the Skills lads and lasses!

Pete
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Hi Pete,
Nice to see you drop by these halls of prepping and survivalism.
I only just posted in the 'what preps are you doing this week' bit on the forum about the smoker I'm building this week as I mentioned on last nights Monday Night Net.
Yes, I've missed the last two skills nights and I do want to bump into a few of the folks there.
I'm thinking my TYT th-9800 needs Charlie chucking the same program into it as he did for my UV-5R radios, I'm sure I could read from one of my UV-5Rs and program the TYT from my own computer but I only drink tea with sugar at radio events so that's reason enough to go :lol:
My son Chris has a pretty good studio mixing thing so I should be able to make a decent Unwin style disclaimer which I'll work on with him over the next couple of evenings, how dare he come home from work tired when I have radio humour to work on !!
My foots not to bad now, still black around my toe but pretty easy in me old boots that I live in, so much so that I think I can focus again on world domination and the fabrication of a new line of stylish and bespoke tin foil hats.

Speak late Pete, Dah-dit-Dah

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator