Help to program 446 with Chirp to baofeng GT-3

Insulin

Help to program 446 with Chirp to baofeng GT-3

Post by Insulin »

Hi,
I have spent the last days trying to fix the Baofeng GT-3 which I received earlier.

I have some 446 talkies at home which I wanted to use as well, this for a gathering in a few weeks.

The problem is that I can receive from a random 446 talkie to the GT-3, but as soon as I try to transmit it is just dead silent.

I am pretty sure that it is some kind of setting that I need to do and I would really appreciate the help to do this.

So the problem is that I can receive to the GT-3 but not transmit.

Thanks.
Attachments
Chirp Settings.png
jansman

Re: Help to program 446 with Chirp to baofeng GT-3

Post by jansman »

Before you make any more posts please go to the New Member section and introduce yourself. It is the rule. Thankyou.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Welcome to the forum.

I am currently studying for the foundation licence so dont know a great deal, but from the look of it your problems are two fold.

First you have the CTCSS tones set (Continuous tone coded squelch) (tone mode column) turn that off (none)

Second you have an offset figure displayed which will cause the radio to transmit on a different frequency to the one set to receive on, this is for use with a repeater & you should set that to all zero's for simplex communication between a group of 446 radios.

Wf.
Last edited by Wingfoot on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

One thing to consider is the GT-3 can produce 5w of power. That's handy to have in a SHTF scenario but not okay for PMR446 which is limited to 0.5w so make sure you also find the setting to drop the power down to the low setting. See point 5 here: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ ... /ra357.htm

The chance of Ofcom finding you and taking you to task for being on 5w of power are slim so it's more about respecting the other licenced radio users around you.

Explain a little more about what you mean when it's 'dead silent'. Do you mean you are transmitting on the GT3 and the other PMR radios cannot hear you?
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Nate66

Post by Nate66 »

BFIIK :shock: :shock:
Nate66
Area 4

If you are having a bad day, choke the living shit out of the person causing it!