Solar charging of Baofeng UV-5R radios

munchh

Re: Solar charging of Baofeng UV-5R radios

Post by munchh »

Ive just bought a british army dpm radio pack £10 its made for clansman and plessy sets, Military Mart have them they are not on the website though, but give Paul a ring he will sort you out, even if thats all you buy, my local surpluss guy had them for £35, it was still cheaper with the postage. ;)
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Just got my extended life battery for one of my UV-5R radios as it will form part of the solar charging trial in the near future.
I'll tell you what, the extra 5cm the power-pack adds to the length of the radio gives it a totally more positive look and feel in my opinion.
It fits the hand better and well worth the £6-ish I paid for it on Amazon.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Jotnarjager

Post by Jotnarjager »

Wulfshead wrote:Just got my extended life battery for one of my UV-5R radios as it will form part of the solar charging trial in the near future.
I'll tell you what, the extra 5cm the power-pack adds to the length of the radio gives it a totally more positive look and feel in my opinion.
It fits the hand better and well worth the £6-ish I paid for it on Amazon.

Wulfshead
You'll be happy to know Wulfshead that I now have my very own UV-5R complete with extended aerial. Can't believe how quick Amazon send these out, I thought it was coming from Hong Kong. I'll have to pop over so you can teach me how it works properly.

I'm looking at viable solar panel options for whilst out and about. Seems to be a real price difference in mobile units, although for less mobile alternatives Amazon has a good selection of fairly large units on offer. Was a 4x3ft (roughly) panel on there for about 40 quid. For that price you could get quite a few as backups.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

You know our door is always open to ya buddy so here's the deal,
I'll look like I know what I'm doing by showing you all the decent youtube vids on programming via CHIRP and then you can work out from them and impress me by showing me lol

Whenever you like mate,

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack