Good simple UV-5R programming link

Wulfshead

Good simple UV-5R programming link

Post by Wulfshead »

As the club says in the link, the Baofeng UV-5R is a popular hand held Ham Radio.
I found this on the Chelmsford Ham Radio clubs site and it is pretty good for understanding the manual keypad programming and also the method via your PC

http://www.essexham.co.uk/news/guide-to ... uv-5r.html

Hope it's of some use.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Hamradioop

Re: Good simple UV-5R programming link

Post by Hamradioop »

open source software for programming numerous radios can be found here http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats.

Baofeng/Pofung
F-11
UV-3R
UV-5R and variants
UV-6
UV-82/82L/82X
UV-82C (in daily builds)
UV-B5/B6
BF-666S/777S/888S
BF-F8HP (in daily builds)
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Wulfshead

Re: Good simple UV-5R programming link

Post by Wulfshead »

Our first 2 Baofeng UV-5R's arrived a couple of days ago and I'm pretty impressed so far with the £££'s over performance.
Just been monitoring on the Ham frequencies but have toyed on the PMR slots.
I was listening to a couple 25 + miles away that I received clear as a bell with the squelch set at 3.

Got my grand kids over today and will let the grandson play on the PMR channels to begin to get him use to how a radio works.
Being the driving force behind our family prepping I believe it is important that every member of the family unit should know how to take advantage of every tool which may get you out of trouble.

That Foundation Licence Now book is really good. I loved the way even one with mild dyslexia, such as myself, could read and understand with comparative ease.

I'm enjoying these radio comms threads and thanks for taking time to inform.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack