RADIO COMMUNICATIONS 2

munchh

Re: RADIO COMMUNICATIONS 2

Post by munchh »

Sorry to be the party pooper, but as ameteurs should we not be explaining that using the pmr446 freqs with these radios may get you in trouble pre SHTF?

there has been talk like this before and its got a bit out of hand, I have the cheap chinese radios, they are a great way to get on after doing the foundation, mine is always in the car, but I dont think getting everyone on the pmr446 freqs with a 5watt radio without letting everyone know its not allowed in the real world right now, is slightly naughty.

Its no different to talking on here about guns or trapping, we need to be careful.

sorry to be the old bloke next door who wont give you the ball back. :tinfoil
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
metatron

Post by metatron »

pmr446 is getting really active, FRN seems to taken off to such an extent I rarely notice down time. I'd just wait to the summer and hit the car boot sales, I've got about 30 PMR446 handsets, spend maybe £20 for the lot, its incredibly common to see those packs of 4 handsets for next to nothing.

http://www.freeradionetwork.eu/
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

I may have missed it but did we ever finalise a UKP set of frequencies?
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:I may have missed it but did we ever finalise a UKP set of frequencies?
We got close, but the momentum stopped a while back. :?
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

The current list of Prepper contact or listening frequencies or channels:
The American Preparedness Radio Network: http://www.taprn.com is the group who is promoting the contact list below. Print these out an save them by your radio.

80 Meters – 3.818 MHz LSB (TAPRN Net: Sundays at 9 PM ET)

40 Meters – 7.242 MHz LSB

40 Meters Morse Code / Digital – 7.073 MHz USB

20 Meters – 14.242 MHz USB

20 Meters Morse Code / Digital – 14.073 MHz USB

2 Meters – 146.420 MHz FM

440 (70 cm) – 446.420 MHz FM

FRS/GMRS – Channel 4 (462.6375 MHz)

CB – Channel 4 (27.005 MHz)

N>B> the FRS /GMRS is for interest sake only as it is not a valid service in the UK.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Hamradioop wrote:The current list of Prepper contact or listening frequencies or channels:
The American Preparedness Radio Network: http://www.taprn.com is the group who is promoting the contact list below. Print these out an save them by your radio.
Thanks for this, I was unaware this list existed. My dipole gets 40m and 20m quite well in its current position so I'll listen in.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Hamradioop wrote:The current list of Prepper contact or listening frequencies or channels:
Thanks for this, I was unaware this list existed. My dipole gets 40m and 20m quite well in its current position so I'll listen in.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

I do not think they hold regular nets Briggs OM. and some of the frequencies are outside UK allocations. E>G> the 40M freq of 7.242 MHz LSB, 2 Meters – 146.420 MHz FM available as a NOV to Full Licencees
440 (70 cm) – 446.420 MHz FM outside UK allocation.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Hamradioop wrote:I do not think they hold regular nets Briggs OM. and some of the frequencies are outside UK allocations. E>G> the 40M freq of 7.242 MHz LSB, 2 Meters – 146.420 MHz FM available as a NOV to Full Licencees
440 (70 cm) – 446.420 MHz FM outside UK allocation.
My apologies, I posted a thank you before looking carefully at the frequencies.

I do think we should try for a UK list although judging by our own attempt to communicate on 40m I don't hold out much hope for anything UK wide! Maybe we should try again sometime this week - I will rig up my dipole instead of my ATAS this weekend. I've also got a better 2m antenna to try.