No water.

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
jansman

No water.

Post by jansman »

We have had low water pressure for 2 days now. Shower wouldn’t work for one thing! Then this morning: No water. Whole area out.

No problem here though. Made sure the daughters had a 25 litre barrel each to be going on with. Turned the immersion heater off so it didn’t burn out. It has now come back on, but running brown, so we will stay on stores until it runs clear.

Store some water.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
korolev

Re: No water.

Post by korolev »

The immersion shouldn't burn out; hot water cylinders fill from the bottom so if the water runs dry it will still be full of water but there's no pressure to push it out of the top.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Still good to switch it off though. We first got an immersion heater when I was little (I've no idea how my parents heated water before that) and nobody knew to just switch it on for a while. Every so often, especially during winter, we'd get a really loud knocking in the pipes - the water was actually boiling in the pipes :shock: everyone would then run to the immersion switch to switch it off.
jansman

Post by jansman »

korolev wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:27 pm The immersion shouldn't burn out; hot water cylinders fill from the bottom so if the water runs dry it will still be full of water but there's no pressure to push it out of the top.
Thanks,learnt something there.Pressure has dropped again.At least there's something coming through the taps.

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pm Still good to switch it off though. We first got an immersion heater when I was little (I've no idea how my parents heated water before that) and nobody knew to just switch it on for a while. Every so often, especially during winter, we'd get a really loud knocking in the pipes - the water was actually boiling in the pipes :shock: everyone would then run to the immersion switch to switch it off.
I can remember that happening in our house as a lad too.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Bottom fill if pressure drops it will drain back into the main........
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

jansman wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:21 pm We have had low water pressure for 2 days now. Shower wouldn’t work for one thing! Then this morning: No water. Whole area out.

No problem here though. Made sure the daughters had a 25 litre barrel each to be going on with. Turned the immersion heater off so it didn’t burn out. It has now come back on, but running brown, so we will stay on stores until it runs clear.

Store some water.
Was any warning issued in advance? Do you know the reason for the supply problem?
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Two pumps were out of action at the same time. We live at the top of a hill, so it doesn’t take much working out. We were at fairly normal pressure when I got up at 5 am. During the day however, it has lessened somewhat. We shall see.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

As you said Jansman,store PLENTY of water
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Stonecarver wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:10 pm As you said Jansman,store PLENTY of water
Ha ha! We ain’t short.

Robert Frost.

Me.