Burst water main

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
jansman

Burst water main

Post by jansman »

Got home from work and the whole road has had no water since 7.30 am. Still got none now. Burst main it appears. Good job we at Chez Jansman hold stocks of the precious liquid. We have given some to our elderly neighbours. The young 'uns can whistle.

One of those situations where being a prepper doesn't look so daft. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Re: Burst water main

Post by Arzosah »

There's a lot of stuff happens round your way! I'm glad you and the old'uns are good :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Remember to disguise your good deed to ye yokals.. Had a good arguement with a woman who tried taking sandbags out of my dads hands when we went to help a friend who was flooding....
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote:There's a lot of stuff happens round your way! I'm glad you and the old'uns are good :mrgreen:
Ha ha! Stuff DOES happen round here! :lol: The school at the bottom of the road had to shut and the old folks home nearby sent out for bottled water, we hear. It is no big deal to us, but I guess a lot of neighbours are struggling.

Still no water, but we are told we should have it by 9 0'clock. Working as I do, in a mucky industry, I have a shower immediately I get in. No shower. Some time ago I put a galvanised hook in the wall above the electric shower. I boiled some water and mixed it with cool and put it in a solar camping shower. Not a perfect shower, but it did the job.

Yorkshire Andy. The old folks we helped are natives of the village we have known since we were kids. Maurice, my nearest neighbour was not surprised when I turned up with a Jerry can of water and syphon. He laughed and said," I thought you lot would be sorted!"
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Jansman hopefully that will be the end of the bad luck you've been having! :shock:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.