How long

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
Chairmouse

How long

Post by Chairmouse »

Might sound like a daft question, but was wondering how long does stored water actually last. I know bottled waters and other drinks have a sell by or use by date on the bottle which seems to be on average about 9 to 12 months, but how long can you safely store it for.
If its not fun, why do it!
Hamradioop

Re: How long

Post by Hamradioop »

the bbe date is basically about the packagings life. the water you drink today was excreted by dinosaurs . As long as it is stored in a cool dark environment in a food safe container should last for years.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
BaseOne

Post by BaseOne »

+1

If it's relatively clean/pure once you put it in a sealed containter, it will last longer than you.
Chairmouse

Post by Chairmouse »

I like the idea of us all drinking dinosaur pee, lol. Aside from that thanx for the info. So I assume that you would need to rotate the packaging more than the water itself.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

roger. i would suggest storing in food safe containers, in the dark, to prevent algae growth..
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
Chairmouse

Post by Chairmouse »

Thanx, have the perfect place, kids are going to have to move some of their rubbish, lol.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Just remember when storing water its heavy before piling 20 cases of water on top of the IKEA flat pack wardrobe......

it wont harm to boil any really old long term stored water before drinking or passing it through a proprietary water filter
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Chairmouse

Post by Chairmouse »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Just remember when storing water its heavy before piling 20 cases of water on top of the IKEA flat pack wardrobe......

it wont harm to boil any really old long term stored water before drinking or passing it through a proprietary water filter
Already considered that, after reading another thread on the subject, so its all going in the space under the stairs where the bikes are kept, "concrete floor" no danger of collapse, but thanx for the advise.
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

here is a you tube Vid answering that question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7D7FjK4ffI