While I was putting the bag together She was very interested in what I was doing and asked lots of questions about prepping. As she understands my "risk assessment" method of doing things so She was soon helping. Normally, She does not like me spending money, if She can see the point then it's OK but She proposed spending money on a BOB!
I have always said the best option was bugging in but She wants a BOB in the event that "We have to escape from oppressive government forces with one hours warning".
Right ... first, what we need is a "grab and go" bag with a change of clothes on top (we can change clothes in the car). Second, I'm writing software to scrub all our information on the computer hard drives and I will be able to do that from any computer even remotely (our mobiles will go on the wood burner or the microwave). Third, we buy a second hand car, anything cheep as we will dump it after getting to the first BOL.
For the bag, as She is disabled it can't be more than 20Lb (9 Kilo), it's not going to be glamping! Here's the list:
- Food, I can do three days food weighing in at 2Kilo and none of that is dried.
- Water, A filter bottle and purifying tablets.
- Shelter, Some paracord and a basha, tarp and a sleeping bag.
- Fire, Wind-proof matches, lighters, a fire steel and tinder.
- Clothing, change of clothing and cold weather kit along with a cammo jacket (in the bag, we don't want to walk around in that).
- Communication, Baofengs or walkie talkies, mobile phones are out.
- Lighting, Torches, one good tactical one and some throw away ones, glow-sticks.
- Hygiene, Toilet roll, wet wipes and a towel.
- Tool Kit, Knife, multi-tool and a wire saw.
- First aid kit, Just a bobo kit. (I have a trauma kit)
- A needle.
- Sound grenades and fishing line
- Money, around £10,000 or more would be good (donations anyone?).
- Hair Dye, need I say more..
If anyone has any suggestions for this scenario / equipment please join in.