Suggest an EDC Pen

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
omega man

Re: Suggest an EDC Pen

Post by omega man »

I'm feeling lucky punk! :lol:

so, stock up on the free little ones...then go to any high street stationers and try out loads of sensibly priced pens that "write nicely". (although some would suggest the man and not the tool control such things)

My guess is you'll end up with a FIST FULL quality pens for the cost of some 'tactical' item that is clearly aimed at the survival/prepper market= http://www.heinnie.com/microtech-siphon-pen

sometimes we need to not be smothered with the Bear Grylls pillow, you know? Save your big bucks for first aid, food, shelter and real tools.

OM

...added bonus, whist testing said pens one could leave little anti establishment type slogans or quotes from 1984 on their ickle paper test pads too :tinfoil
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Ive had posh pens in the past but my most favourite pens to write with are the Papermate Flex Grip Elite, the smoothness of these is outsounding, I used to take minutes in meetings and this was the only pen that did the job without giving me hand cramps, never stuck, blobbed ink or felt gritty when being used just smooooth and speedy.

For some reason I can't stand using black ink either :oops: is that just me :shock: blue, red or green ink only. I am guilty for binning black inked pens out. :lol:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Don't you have to keep at least one black pen though decaff as I'm pretty sure some offical type forms say to write only in black ?
Screw fix tend to provide most of my pencils . I'm in and out quite often and always pick some up. Not the greatest quality and wood coloured so very easy to lose amongst the shavings and sawdust but freeeeeeeee!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Russian space programs "urban myth" solution to the pen problem.... :D :o

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... nasa-spen/
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

omega man wrote:I'm feeling lucky punk! :lol:

so, stock up on the free little ones...then go to any high street stationers and try out loads of sensibly priced pens that "write nicely". (although some would suggest the man and not the tool control such things)

My guess is you'll end up with a FIST FULL quality pens for the cost of some 'tactical' item that is clearly aimed at the survival/prepper market= http://www.heinnie.com/microtech-siphon-pen

sometimes we need to not be smothered with the Bear Grylls pillow, you know? Save your big bucks for first aid, food, shelter and real tools.

OM

...added bonus, whist testing said pens one could leave little anti establishment type slogans or quotes from 1984 on their ickle paper test pads too :tinfoil
The problem with cheap pens is the ink can go and the pen will end up a 'pale writer'. :roll:
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

grenfell wrote:Don't you have to keep at least one black pen though decaff as I'm pretty sure some offical type forms say to write only in black ?
Screw fix tend to provide most of my pencils . I'm in and out quite often and always pick some up. Not the greatest quality and wood coloured so very easy to lose amongst the shavings and sawdust but freeeeeeeee!
This is true but I just use blue anyway. :oops:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Anarchist :twisted:
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

I'm sure I heard somewhere that they like us to use black ink because it stands out better when photocopying. I don't know how right it is though, perhaps it was so a few years ago but I doubt it's as important now, what with 50 million colour printers, gazillion mega pixel this and so on
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Decaff wrote:
grenfell wrote:Don't you have to keep at least one black pen though decaff as I'm pretty sure some offical type forms say to write only in black ?
This is true but I just use blue anyway. :oops:
Wow, thats one hell of a "F the system" :D
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

aldhelm wrote:I'm sure I heard somewhere that they like us to use black ink because it stands out better when photocopying. I don't know how right it is though, perhaps it was so a few years ago but I doubt it's as important now, what with 50 million colour printers, gazillion mega pixel this and so on

I think you could be right about that, if you used a very light coloured ink, like those gel pens, it wouldn't have been picked up by the scanner.