Car kit

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
Captain Darling

Re: Car kit

Post by Captain Darling »

Clearing snow, digging out if you get bogged in mud/sand.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've had a bit of a break through with Her Maj, she's agreed to a few more bits and bobs getting put in the car. Being a princess its not exactly 'tool heavy' but if she's stuck it should help her out for 24 hours or so. She already has a sleeping bag and a cig lighter powered battery charger (2 AA/2 AAA at the moment) which she forgot she had, a torch and a Hi Vis vest. There's quite often water in there but there will be a couple of litres getting added as a permanent fixture.

I'm adding a tarp, a couple of cans of veggie food (and can opener, even though they will probably be pull top for ease), a notebook and pen, space blanket, small folding shovel (purchased way back for her but she took it out her car ages ago :lol: ) spare socks, gloves and poncho, a space blanket and a power bank and iphone lead for her phone.

Not much but its a start. The sleeping bag isn't the best but its quite small and most of the rest of the stuff will fit in a small rucksack with a few exceptions in the glove box. I'm quite chuffed with myself.

Brambles

Post by Brambles »

That's brilliant, Deeps.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

If you're princess is anything like mine Deeps the tin opener will be well handy, no point risking a nail :lol: I went for MRE's along with a flameless ration heater, cos I knew it was worth the extra expense in saved earache.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

aldhelm wrote:If you're princess is anything like mine Deeps the tin opener will be well handy, no point risking a nail :lol: I went for MRE's along with a flameless ration heater, cos I knew it was worth the extra expense in saved earache.
She drew the line at some form of stove. I've got a wee beaut lined up as well, but I'm still counting this as a win. :D
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps wrote:
aldhelm wrote:If you're princess is anything like mine Deeps the tin opener will be well handy, no point risking a nail :lol: I went for MRE's along with a flameless ration heater, cos I knew it was worth the extra expense in saved earache.
She drew the line at some form of stove. I've got a wee beaut lined up as well, but I'm still counting this as a win. :D

Travel kettle? They take an age to boil and engine must be running as they soon flatten a battery
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Deeps wrote:

Travel kettle? They take an age to boil and engine must be running as they soon flatten a battery
She does a fairly short (I think its 16 miles) commute but it is busy. We're close enough to Edinburgh that she's unlikely to be left to die in the snow so I can't see her HAVING to go cannibal but I think the stove is a step too far just now. Softly softly catchy monkey and all that. We talked about the values of hot food and I do get in her situation why she's not bothered. If she has to suffer the 'inhumanities' of a cold can of beans with (vegetarian) sausages she might change her mind. She's coming on though, she keeps an eye out for things that 'I' might be interested in for the 'zombie stores'. :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Guess who was the smug git at work last Friday we had a power cut got a brew on with my wood gas stove burning a few off cuts of wood ;-) they all know I go camping and my car boot never gets emptied ;-)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Pictures of your stove? Is it one of those tiny collapsible ones?
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
BaseOne

Post by BaseOne »

An umbrella and some rubbery/neoprene work gloves. Perfect if you need to change a tyre or fit snow chains in a wind/rain/cold/blizzard.