Making Bread

Got a tasty recipe? Novel way to use ketchup? Put it in here..
jansman

Re: Making Bread

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote:Jansman I got mine because everybody over on MSE said they were the best - but the old freecycle one still makes decent bread. Nothing like shop bought stuff... much more filling.
I will take the advice given. Panasonic seems the brand.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Looking good, I make about 45 types of bread but that's my goto recipe for white bread, if you want to make it a little healthier you can replace 250g of the strong white plain flour with whole-wheat flour. I do everything by hand but a machine is fine.
Ian

Post by Ian »

We have had a Hinari HB151 Homebaker for at least fifteen years, probably a lot more. Used weekly, absolutely no complaints.
desertman

Post by desertman »

I have been making my own bread for years, 2 years ago I bought an electric bread maker - used it twice for bread and gave up..back to the oven for me!
1. You can only make one loaf - and the stirrer in the bottom penetrates into the loaf so you have a hole in the base...

2. In the oven you can make several loaves and a mix of breads all at once...

I use the bread maker now only for occasional jam making..yep sure makes good jam! LOL

Incidentally - I use honey in my bread mix not sugar...
I also store the flour by freezing for 48 hours frst to kill off any weevils/eggs that may have got into the flour...that way, as long as you seal and store the flour in a dry place it should last some time..
B safe B wise B prepared SURVIVE!
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I tend not to bake my own bread but have made chapatis many times. Really easy and very tasty.