pancake mix

Got a tasty recipe? Novel way to use ketchup? Put it in here..
cornerstone

pancake mix

Post by cornerstone »

This might come in handy can be stored in a big jar or storage tub.

I used the cup measures from sainsburys like a little set of 6 and poundland do them also.

6 cups s/r flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup dried milk
1 Tbsp baking soda
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
mix together you can half it if that is too much for you to make up use half mix and half water.

top with syrup suggestion.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: pancake mix

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

much simpler recipe (also good for yorkshire pud's ;)

4oz plain flour
1/2 pint of milk (or #amount of milk powder and water to =1/2 pint)
1 egg (or egg powder)

I'd avoid pre mixing stuff as you then loose the ability to vary your diet a dry pancake mix is useless if you want a milky coffee and you used all the powdered milk in dry pancake mix = a very grumpy mrs andy at 7am in the morning :tinfoil

ps my mum used to teach home economics / cookery and mrs Andy is a Chef (no wonder im "well fed" :oops: )
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:much simpler recipe (also good for yorkshire pud's ;)

4oz plain flour
1/2 pint of milk (or #amount of milk powder and water to =1/2 pint)
1 egg (or egg powder)

I'd avoid pre mixing stuff as you then loose the ability to vary your diet a dry pancake mix is useless if you want a milky coffee and you used all the powdered milk in dry pancake mix = a very grumpy mrs andy at 7am in the morning :tinfoil

ps my mum used to teach home economics / cookery and mrs Andy is a Chef (no wonder im "well fed" :oops: )
yes it is without a doubt the best recipe but i am intent on food storage for emergencies and fresh eggs may not be redily available i wanted something that i had in for a good quantity
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

http://www.internationalegg.co.uk/bakin ... owder.html

;)

Or get a couple of hens :)

And then off tshtf there's Sunday dinner walking in the garden and it doesn't need to be kept refrigerated 8-)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

I am not in a house that would give space or such for hens, i prefer food storage on a lesser scale.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

cornerstone wrote:This might come in handy can be stored in a big jar or storage tub.

I used the cup measures from sainsburys like a little set of 6 and poundland do them also.

6 cups s/r flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup dried milk
1 Tbsp baking soda
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
mix together you can half it if that is too much for you to make up use half mix and half water.

top with syrup suggestion.
Store cupboard batter pudding, great stuff.

A word on cup measures,.
They were/are used as a simple way of getting the right ratios in recipes, it doesn't matter what 'cup' you use only that you use the same size. There is now a 'standard cup' and those handy sets of measures make part cups easy ( they're called "Scruples" BTW :geek: )
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar