Adulterated mince pie recipe

Got a tasty recipe? Novel way to use ketchup? Put it in here..
featherstick

Adulterated mince pie recipe

Post by featherstick »

I love mince pies but even I sometimes find the filling too rich. Many people don't like them at all. However I've found a recipe mod that makes the mix go further and makes the pies nicer. I dice up (quite finely) apples and oranges or other citrus to an equal volume of mincemeat, and mix with the mincemeat - then fill and bake as usual. The result is a lighter, slightly more moist mince pie which isn't as tongue-claggingly sweet or fatty.

Yum!
Brambles

Re: Adulterated mince pie recipe

Post by Brambles »

I do the same. I use apples and clementines. :D Gotta keep with the xmas theme.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Mmmm sounds tasty! Sadly my lot hate mince pies and Christmas cake :roll: just me and the mog so might just try this.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Decaff wrote: Sadly my lot hate mince pies and Christmas cake :roll:
Weirdos :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
Totally agree!! It also means that if I do have them, I'm eating it all well into the new year, even the smaller cakes. Oh well..... I will soldier on with the tasty task :D
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Decaff wrote:
ForgeCorvus wrote:
Totally agree!! It also means that if I do have them, I'm eating it all well into the new year, even the smaller cakes. Oh well..... I will soldier on with the tasty task :D

Aye, you're a trooper. :lol:

Mrs Deeps has a rule that she's not allowed mince pies until December, seeing the thread I asked her if she fancied making some (she makes christmas cakes for friends and family amongst other stuff) but all it did was remind her that its the first and she doesn't have any mince pies in. :lol: Sod all to do with prepping but it amused me. :lol: :lol:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Deeps wrote:..... Sod all to do with prepping but it amused me. :lol: :lol:
Yous an evil man ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
Deeps wrote:..... Sod all to do with prepping but it amused me. :lol: :lol:
Yous an evil man ;)

Yup.