Breakfast omelets

Got a tasty recipe? Novel way to use ketchup? Put it in here..
Decaff

Breakfast omelets

Post by Decaff »

Thought I would share this, I make these for when it's a bit colder out and the need for a more substantial breakfast is in order.

Peel and dice four medium potatoes, any kind you like, boil in salted water till just soft, drain and allow to cool.
Chop up into small pieces mushrooms, large onion, bell pepper and 6 bacon/Turkey bacon rashers. Fry these off in a pan with a small amount of butter or oil and season to taste, I also add a teaspoon of garlic powder to these. When cooked add the cooled potatoes and fry off till they crisp hust a little and mix all together.
Whisk up six or 7 eggs.
In a mini size frying pan (poundland and supermarkets now sell these tiny pixie pans) drop in a spoonfull of the mixture to cover the bottom of the pan and pour over a few spoonfuls of the egg mixture till it holds everything together and fry this till the egg is cooked and flip over into the previously used bigger pan to cook the other side. Repeat till all mixture is used, you may need to add more eggs if you have been generous with them!

Cool these off then store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat a couple for breakfast. You can reheat these if you want them warm and to have as a lunch just warm and put inside bread rolls.

Enjoy!

Lovely good start to the day. I can't keep enough of these in the fridge and Mr D has taken some to work for lunches.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Wingfoot

Re: Breakfast omelets

Post by Wingfoot »

Now I'm hungry ! :lol:

Sounds good, ill be making some very soon.

Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

What a great idea! Thanks.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Thats pretty much a spanish omelette or tortilla, I picked up a taste for them when I worked in Spain 20 years ago......

Lovely :D
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

tanstaafl wrote:Thats pretty much a spanish omelette or tortilla, I picked up a taste for them when I worked in Spain 20 years ago......

It is almost ;) but healthier as not drenched with oil. Very tasty 8-)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Decaff wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:Thats pretty much a spanish omelette or tortilla, I picked up a taste for them when I worked in Spain 20 years ago......

No necessarily , olive oil is very very healthy :D
fapplan

Post by fapplan »

I love a hearty breakfast but often don't get the time to prepare it, so I will definitely give this a go. Thanks for the recipe.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

tanstaafl wrote:
Decaff wrote:

No necessarily , olive oil is very very healthy :D

Very true! Love if having tortilla for dinner swimming in it but cold for breakfast I'm not so keen on the oil.