Prepping error...

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
Hamradioop

Re: Prepping "erroll"

Post by Hamradioop »

Mad Scientist wrote:Talking about prepping errors one in particular springs to mind: When I was heavily pregnant I bought in what I thought was enough food to last well into the first couple of weeks of new motherhood. I completely failed to take into consideration how decrepit I would be after what turned out to be an emergency Caesarian and my daughter was a week late, to boot. Not surprisingly we were holed up at home for ages and ran out of food early. Just to add insult to injury the whole breast feeding thing never happened either. Instead of new parenthood being a cornucopia of food, drink and lactic abundance I ended dispatching poor hubby to the shops at 10.00 at night to get bottles, formula (grrrrr), bread and normal stuff because it all went wrong and I wasn't in a fit condition to drive and do it myself. Humph!!!!!!
yes but your preps did work
I ended dispatching poor hubby
:lol: :lol:
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
featherstick

Re: Prepping error...

Post by featherstick »

FEISTY wrote:Mine is something like that, but a bit manky :( . Lady was giving it away and my husband collected it. It took three of us to get it out of the boot, 'cos it's in a really heavy wrought-iron table. It smells too!!!!! Will dig it out in the better weather and see what can be done with it. Like to swap? :D
That sounds like it might be a treadle machine. Well worth hanging on to. If SWMBO has anything big to sew on the Singer she gets the lad to turn the hand crank as otherwise it's impossible.