blacksmithing

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
ha5611

blacksmithing

Post by ha5611 »

i have just recently taken up blacksmithing and will be fabricating prepper based items soon drop me a message and ill be able to knock up some stuff for the community lol

thanks
preppingsu

Re: blacksmithing

Post by preppingsu »

Can you post some examples and some photos please.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Photos of your setup would be great as well.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
PaganPrepper

Post by PaganPrepper »

I once had a crack at melting down aluminium cans, not to make anything in particular other than to learn how to should the time come (I had lots of beer cans lying around and a spare weekend :o )

it didn't really go according to plan! how did you get into blacksmithing? where and how do you melt your metals (what do you use?)

I watched an episode of uk preppers and a chap was making knives in his garage and it looked like a really useful skill to have!

cheers
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

Best work knife I ever had was made by a guy from Jarrow who made HD camp knives and machettes from old car and van leaf springs.