DIY stove - very simple

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
grenfell

Re: DIY stove - very simple

Post by grenfell »

diamond lil wrote:I got it from a girl on a moneysaving forum - I was so taken by it that I used one for weeks and drove the OH mad :mrgreen: he had to apply half an hour in advance when he wated a cup of tea :mrgreen:
I agree it's a potentially useful method for a loss of power situation but an idea on a money saving forum? Cost wise it's hardly going to be cheaper than an electric kettle .
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've been playing with one of these http://www.sunkettle.com/ on a tip from a moneysaving forum too and I can absolutely confirm this *isn't* moneysaving :mrgreen: but it is useful - its on the go now, actually, at 8am in the morning, sitting in full sun in a window. £25.50 delivered. It would lessen the use of my gaz stove or rocket stove in any "event".

And I've decluttered enough so that as well as my stash of candles, I have a separate stash of tealights :mrgreen: I like tealights :lol:
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Arzosah wrote:I've been playing with one of these http://www.sunkettle.com/ on a tip from a moneysaving forum too and I can absolutely confirm this *isn't* moneysaving :mrgreen: but it is useful - its on the go now, actually, at 8am in the morning, sitting in full sun in a window. £25.50 delivered. It would lessen the use of my gaz stove or rocket stove in any "event".

And I've decluttered enough so that as well as my stash of candles, I have a separate stash of tealights :mrgreen: I like tealights :lol:

Love all candles big, small, skinny, chunky, scented or not I find them very calming. B&Q often sell huge packs of tea lightst for a good price. I also have a bit of a thing now for those LED work lights with a hook and a magnet on them!!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

We've had a whistling kettle for years - can't live without it! Some gadgety friends laughed at our "WW2 attitude" but were laughing on the other sides of their faces when there was a power cut a couple of months ago. I always wondered if you could boil a kettle from tealights. Thanks for that!