The £1 Burglar Alarm

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
bettersafethansorry

Re: The £1 Burglar Alarm

Post by bettersafethansorry »

above link out of stock, try http://www.a1airsoft.co.uk/index.php?ro ... uct_id=296 or go to http://www.tlsfx.co.uk direct for 40+
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

bettersafethansorry wrote:above link out of stock, try http://www.a1airsoft.co.uk/index.php?ro ... uct_id=296 or go to http://www.tlsfx.co.uk direct for 40+
I've considered the blank shotgun spring and latch gizmo for when I redo my gates, I know it's £15, not a £1 but you do get a bit more bang for your money.

Anyway, and this is slightly off topic, I was having a bit of a break from work and took a browse through the airsoft website. I'm amazed at the similarity between airsoft guns and the real thing. Grenade launchers? PKMs? AKs?

I've been browsing the interweb some more and found AK and RPK based air weapons, made in the same factories as the full-bore original and no licence required.

Shocking....but I still want one. Or two ;-)
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
bettersafethansorry

No licence tech required but 99% of sales now will not go through without your UKARA Registration. Only way you can buy without that is if they are the bright color 2 tones.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

bettersafethansorry wrote:No licence tech required but 99% of sales now will not go through without your UKARA Registration. Only way you can buy without that is if they are the bright color 2 tones.
You'd also fall foul of the law (VCRA)if you bought a Two-Tone and then painted it.
Crazy thing is you can't buy a replica of a modern firearm (basically anything post-1870) but you can buy a De-activated real one ??

And now back to the topic
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
bettersafethansorry

Airsoft laws and rules are insane but also a lot of them are only scare tactics UKARA is no recognized by the home office and is not a governing body its just retailers helping retailers. but i can still buy a 120lb x-bow with only minimum id if any.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Eltharian

Post by Eltharian »

You can buy a airsoft gun and repaint it.
The rule for them is it is illegal to sell one that is not 2 tone to someone without a ukara.
Once it has been sold you can do what u want to it and you are not breaking any rules.
To sell your gun after you have painted it you need to check the person has there ukara.
As stated the rule is for when a unit is sold.
It is not illegal to own a replica gun.
I looked into it as I wasnt willing to wait the 2 months to get my UKARA license.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Eltharian wrote:You can buy a airsoft gun and repaint it.
The rule for them is it is illegal to sell one that is not 2 tone to someone without a ukara.
Once it has been sold you can do what u want to it and you are not breaking any rules.
To sell your gun after you have painted it you need to check the person has there ukara.
I looked into it as I wasnt willing to wait the 2 months to get my UKARA license.

Please could you post a link to the information, thank you.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ive had a air soft hand gun for yonks (since i was a kid took some getting back from mum when i shot my sister sitting on the toilet i can tell you ) :lol:

Mines pre VCRA and legal as it was bought before the regs changed :roll: Only thing its really good for is splatting blue bottles which ive got rather good at :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Eltharian wrote:You can buy a airsoft gun and repaint it.
Nope, the act of repainting a Two-Tone is an offence

From http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/200 ... n-firearms
Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—
(a)he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;
(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;
(c)he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or
(d)he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.
Yes it is unless you have UKARA for an airsoft or the few other acceptable reasons that you'd find if you follow the link.

I've also looked into this as I'm a larper and the only way for me to get hold of good gun physreps is to waste my time and money on getting a UKARA or buying Deactivated guns at telephone number prices
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
bettersafethansorry

For players over the age of 18, to be able to avail yourself of the specific defence pertaining to Airsoft skirmishers and thereby legally buy a RIF, you must be able to prove that you are a legitimate skirmisher.

UKARA may be the easiest way to do this but it is not a legal requirement.

I own 3 Airsoft weapons all replica's no 2tones 1 was a chinese import L96. 1 bought from the zeroin forums off a lad and one from a event site . all of which were purchased without UKARA.
- Sir Winston Churchill