The £1 Burglar Alarm

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
Eltharian

Re: The £1 Burglar Alarm

Post by Eltharian »

Yeah I looked into it http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38
Happy reading :P
So yes you can defend yourself if you play airsoft.
So dont just go and buy a two tone and spray it and never play airsoft.
Again I cant really see this being a issue unless u have it in public or a neighbor complains.
Also common sense comes in here too. If you go and buy a airsoft gun two tone then spray it and have it locked away never to come out till TSHF.
I really cant see you getting arrested for it. But dont go playing with it in your garden and a neighbor complains and expect too keep it.
Again if this happens and police come over dont argue when they want to take it be accommodating and just hand it if they want it.
If you gonna argue with them about it all you may end up in court.

Unless you invent free energy then expect too be booked for every single tiny law you have broken.
But they got the terrorism laws now so you may even not get charged for the airsoft gun now.
You will just dissapear :shock:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I'll be the first to admit that Legalese isn't the easiest form of english.

The only reason I'd want an airsoft is as part of a Character's gear, that however would be hard to explain to the Blue-flashing Lights. Where as getting my (non-existent) UKARA out my wallet would enable me to continue my journey through the various train stations I have to use to get to events.

We're now so far Off-Topic its unreal.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

but i can still buy a 120lb x-bow with only minimum id if any.
Crossbows get a bad reputation because of a few idiots just the same as air guns do, but when you really think about it they are a one shot thing, and as a skirmisher will probably tell you when targets move they're hard to hit, and of course like bows, crossbows are not that difficult to make, perhaps that is why they have escaped banning?
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

ForgeCorvus wrote:I'll be the first to admit that Legalese isn't the easiest form of english.

The only reason I'd want an airsoft is as part of a Character's gear, that however would be hard to explain to the Blue-flashing Lights. Where as getting my (non-existent) UKARA out my wallet would enable me to continue my journey through the various train stations I have to use to get to events.

We're now so far Off-Topic its unreal.
I'm intrigued, what sort of character and what prop guns do you need?

I've been looking at airsoft picatinny red dot sights, lasers and torches with a thought to fit them to my pest-control firearm. You guys seem to know about airsoft kit, can you offer any advice on how robust these items are taking into account the increased recoil.

Briggs
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

There's more shock from a springer air rifle than a 22LR you know ;) I was looking at my Simmons 3-9X40 instructions I found in a folder, I bought it for an air rifle about 20 years ago, they show it fitted on a .308, so I'd say it's a grey area.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Eltharian

Post by Eltharian »

I use my air rifle scope my my airsoft sniper rifle.
But The airsoft shops I have been in all sell decent gear.
They cant really sell cheap scopes the amount of running you do in airsoft cheap scopes and attachments would break in one session.
Its surprising how much damage airsoft kit can take. It needs to be able to take that damage.

If you get the aluminum pic clamps be careful not to over tighten them.
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

Plymtom wrote:There's more shock from a springer air rifle than a 22LR you know ;) I was looking at my Simmons 3-9X40 instructions I found in a folder, I bought it for an air rifle about 20 years ago, they show it fitted on a .308, so I'd say it's a grey area.
I've not been able to find an airsoft outlet that will confirm if their red-dots will work reliably under recoil shock. I've had it confirmed they work fine on 22LR. I suppose I'll have to be the test-subject by purchasing one and giving it a thorough test. I think the laser and torch will be fine, it's just the sight I'm unsure on.
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
valderee

Post by valderee »

triffid wrote:Have just posted this in response to the thread on security in Home & Retreats. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7009
The OP has a problem with theft from an allotment shed. My cheap solution:

To protect our shed I installed a 'rape' alarm. You can often get them for a quid (literally) from a pound shop! You know the things I mean, a battery operated alarm which is set off when you pull the pin out and runs until the battery dies.
eg EBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40

Fix the alarm in a open topped wooden box or similar (I used a old tobacco tin that was lying around) drill a hole where approximately adjacent to where the pin/trigger is & feed the pin through the hole. Fasten the tin/alarm box & run a length of fishing line through the pin and across your shed at ankle level. Theory being that when some scrote breaks in they will trip ('trip over' hopefully :twisted: ) the alarm. These things aren't that loud (claimed 120db) but hopefully, in an enclosed space, will cause the intruder to have a 'trouser accident'. We all worry about the legal angles should an intruder be hurt when breaking into our premises (NOT) but I imagine the only actual injury that could result to the intruder would be to have sh@ himself - and what criminal would want to stand up in court to demand compensation for that! :lol:
Obviously it won't reset itself but for a quid?

Would also make a great backup alarm for any house/shed/garage etc. In fact I'll re-post this in DIY section.
I will have to try this out when we get our shed built up, hopefully in the next month or 2.. :)
metatron

Post by metatron »

I've been given a few temporary electric fences that they uses for houses over the years, nasty shock of those, far worse then the normal stuff, plus its battery powered and they do solar units. I've ofterned thought of using them at the allotment.