Wood gas stove build (pic heavy)

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
munchh

Re: Wood gas stove build (pic heavy)

Post by munchh »

munchh wrote:Good job. I'm glad to enspire.

I will definately be making m eat what is in the right size tins.ore, a bigger one for sure.

It make the normal trip to the supermarket a little more interesting :) , just have to want to

Let me try that again, i wrote the above on my phone and it jumps about alot when you write!!!

so it should say.

Good job. I'm glad to enspire.

I will definately be making more, a bigger one for sure.

It make the normal trip to the supermarket a little more interesting , just have to want to eat what is in the right size tins. :D

I wish my alcahol stoves had been this good first go, still cant get that right, but thats another thread.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Spiderwebb

Post by Spiderwebb »

munchh wrote:
munchh wrote:Good job. I'm glad to enspire.

I will definately be making m eat what is in the right size tins.ore, a bigger one for sure.

It make the normal trip to the supermarket a little more interesting :) , just have to want to

Let me try that again, i wrote the above on my phone and it jumps about alot when you write!!!

so it should say.

Good job. I'm glad to enspire.

I will definately be making more, a bigger one for sure.

It make the normal trip to the supermarket a little more interesting , just have to want to eat what is in the right size tins. :D

I wish my alcahol stoves had been this good first go, still cant get that right, but thats another thread.

Thanks for the translation Munchh, thought it was me not being 'street'! :lol: Agree with the shopping trips - I'll be on the lookout for certain shapes, sizes & quality of tin! :roll:
munchh

Post by munchh »

I picked up a swiss ranger stove not long after making this and mine burnd so much better, I have also made some for friends and they also like them alot.
cheap as chips.
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Sorry I mean volcano stove.
AREA 3
happyhacker

Post by happyhacker »

1. You need a wider base to avoid knocking it over (you may be careful but someone else may have to use it).
2. To allow the heat to go evenly around the "pan" on top you need to raise the pan say 10mm by two rods (or something fixed) across the top. You are loosing most of the heat here. Check the time it takes to boil a cup with methods (same ambient of course) to see which is most efficient.
munchh

Post by munchh »

happyhacker wrote:1. You need a wider base to avoid knocking it over (you may be careful but someone else may have to use it).
2. To allow the heat to go evenly around the "pan" on top you need to raise the pan say 10mm by two rods (or something fixed) across the top. You are loosing most of the heat here. Check the time it takes to boil a cup with methods (same ambient of course) to see which is most efficient.
You can adapt it however you see fit, all I wanted to do is show what I did and the principle behind what is selling for lots of money and the fact it has cost me virtually nothing.

its not the best way, just the way I did it. :D
AREA 3
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

This might sound daft, but i'm wanting to give making one of these a go, but i don't have a drill. Would my time be better used elsewhere or do you think i'd be able to make one without a drill?

Cheers!
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
munchh

Post by munchh »

This might sound daft, but what have you got to make holes?
AREA 3
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Not a great deal of tools.

The only reason i ask is because if i were to make a hole by either punching a hole with a knife or hammering one, people say on certain videos etc that it hurts the stoves overall strength.

The more i rattle on the more i'm just going to give it a go and see what works.
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
munchh

Post by munchh »

All I can say is that we have tried a few more with some variation and my first one, this one on here is the best, the size and placement of the holes just work, the size of the tins, everything is really good, what ever you do try and stay as close to this as you can, I was very lucky I recon, but whatever you do, do have a go, its an amazing little cooker.
AREA 3