Do we have any proficient crocheters on here?

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
redskies

Re: Do we have any proficient crocheters on here?

Post by redskies »

I've been crocheting since I was about seven - so over thirty years. I can follow patterns or make my own as I go. I can make everything from those wee intricate doilies to sweaters and rugs.

I've got skype, and also a webcam, and if anyone is struggling, I'd be happy to help if I can, just give me a shout :)
munchh

Post by munchh »

I have spent the last few weeks watching youtube and bending my mums ear, i am now crocheting flowers and hats and all sorts, im a bit gutted i never tried before as i seen to even be able to follow a pattern which ive never done successfully knitting..
so now ive just got to put it together with my knitting machine stuff to see what i can do? 8-)
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I have also recently got myself a set of crochet hooks and just need some dedicated time to play with it, and a lot of tea to keep me calm and to stop me from getting frustrated. let us know how you get on
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
munchh

Post by munchh »

ImageURL=http://s94.photobucket.com/user/Munchh/ ... t.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

the flowers were just to understand different stitches, all come from youtube, the hats are for my neices baby, the first ended up so small it will fit a dolly but the next will be for the baby, ive also made one of these for me in brown.
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... er-beanies
the pattern for the hat is here.

im not sure what it is about crochet that i understand but i have found it far easier than knitting, i think it about the way things come together, its more like construction?
AREA 3
undomesticdiva

Post by undomesticdiva »

Well done munchh! :) I've been crocheting for a good few years now and i'm addicted, It is much easier than knitting and works up much faster too! (perfect for someone impatient like me)
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Wow you guys great crocheting! Not sure if this is anyone's bag but I saw a great pattern in a crocheting and knitting magazine last summer. The crocheter used very fine picture wire, wove little beads into it and made it into a ring! She made a tube first then "sewed" the ends together with more wire. It looked absolutely brilliant!I imagine you could make chain mail and all sorts with different grades of wire. I'm more of a soap and candle maker myself but I appreciate other people's crafts.
undomesticdiva

Post by undomesticdiva »

Mad Scientist wrote:Wow you guys great crocheting! Not sure if this is anyone's bag but I saw a great pattern in a crocheting and knitting magazine last summer. The crocheter used very fine picture wire, wove little beads into it and made it into a ring! She made a tube first then "sewed" the ends together with more wire. It looked absolutely brilliant!I imagine you could make chain mail and all sorts with different grades of wire. I'm more of a soap and candle maker myself but I appreciate other people's crafts.
I've done it myself Mad Scientist, i made a very lovely cuff bracelet and necklace :) it does hurt your hands rather, as the wire is hard and stabs your hands, but it is fun and makes beautiful delicate jewelry :)