making a solar dehydrator

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
axelt123

making a solar dehydrator

Post by axelt123 »

i currently making a solar dehydrator i started it today i decide to use the cardboad version but make it out of wood instead so it will last. If anyone wants i can upload some pics as i go along its not to neat as i was using parts from a old pig ark/ shed. The only thing i will buy will be black paint.

almost done just finishing the ramp coverings.

axel
Attachments
plan
plan
soldryer.jpg (24.22 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Carrot Cruncher

Re: making a solar dehydrator

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

axelt123 wrote:If anyone wants i can upload some pics as i go along
That would be great if you could
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

ooh id like one of them

there's a video here on how to make one

smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Get drinking that beer - this is a perfect excuse lol!
SW_pheonix

Post by SW_pheonix »

For taking the ends of beer cans, use a butterfly tin opener!! I dont know why he was arsing around with tin snips??
the_flying_emu

Post by the_flying_emu »

Oh wow...that looks great. Would love to see your finished solar dehydrator. I will ask my OH to make me one!! :D - because i definately could afford to buy a dehydrator (so expensive and dependent on electricity!)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm interested in this as well. :mrgreen:
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Could it be made with tin cans instead of beer cans? I have asked my neighbour to save all her empty, clean food tins as I am going to use some as plant pots for herbs. However it crossed my mind that they might be useful for a solar dehydrator too. Do you think it would work?
axelt123

Post by axelt123 »

i will upload some pics as soon as i fix my camera :x

axel
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

smileyt wrote:Could it be made with tin cans instead of beer cans? I have asked my neighbour to save all her empty, clean food tins as I am going to use some as plant pots for herbs. However it crossed my mind that they might be useful for a solar dehydrator too. Do you think it would work?
Personally, I don't think they would work as well as beer cans as they are a lot thicker and would possibly take longer to warm up but then again they might retain the heat better.

I would stick with the proven method myself.

Be lucky (and dry)