wrist arm knee wraps

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
cornerstone

wrist arm knee wraps

Post by cornerstone »

I know you can buy them but they feel tight for me, so i think i might look into making DIY wraps
pseudonym

Re: wrist arm knee wraps

Post by pseudonym »

I use Vet wrap or the human equivalent. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
unsure

Post by unsure »

i use the blue compression wrap , usual from the pound shops .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Yup, the cohesive bandage for me too. Great stuff. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'm another one who's a fan of the cohesive bandages. Got interested after a dog had a trip to the vet for a sore paw and saw the potential and did my research.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

I have looked about and I think I might try some leggings that are cut at the bottom for ankle and foot and knee for the knee part to get 4 out of one pair.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

it is but not support enough as the leggings are and they will last much longer, I like washable stuff.
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

The stretchy tube wraps last longer and are washable, they also come in various sizes.
Cohesive bandages are reusable, if looked after carefully but don't last that long.
Crepe bandages, can be washed but likewise they deteriorate.
If you can, get a joint support measured for you and prescribed (they may well try to fob you off with buying your own from the chemist, if it's a temporary and minor problem)
But they will get you measured and prescribe the right kind of support, if it's a long term thing and they are the best by far, ps they ain't cheap they use the best but you pay prescription rates (if you're liable to charges) which are a fraction of the cost to the nhs.
Self bandaging in most cases is fine and works, just don't wrap too tightly, or conversely too loosely.
I'd just be careful with knee support, it's preferable with knees to use a figure of eight technique (search Facebook).
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

Ps sorry, if you're diabetic or prediabetic please be careful with wraps or bandages to the lower legs or feet.
Neuropathy to feet (loss of sensation) is a real problem which can lead to unknown foot injuries or sores, which can lead to sepsis and subsequent amputation.
Over Tightening bandages can cut off, or reduce blood supply, that makes it worse.
Type 1 diabetics tend to get foot care on the nhs but prediabetics or those undiagnosed have to be careful about circulation and foot care.