Popper tip

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
sniper 55

Popper tip

Post by sniper 55 »

I 'know a lot of you with have heard this one, but I only came across it the other day and it might be handy to someone.
If your stuck for a "popper" to fasten a bag or clothes take the top of the 9v smoke alarm type battery (pp3) cut it in half and use that as a temp fix, the two parts clip together.
Not as good as a proper popper but it might be handy in a SHTF situation.
featherstick

Re: Popper tip

Post by featherstick »

I thought this was about a completely different type of popper....
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

featherstick wrote:I thought this was about a completely different type of popper....
We'll not judge you too harshly.....honest. :lol:

Me too. :oops:
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

Mark that up as 3 for the wrong popper crowd :oops:

Speaking a bit more relevantly though, some questions;

1. Wouldn't you need a dead battery rather than waste a full one?
2. Aren't batteries full of acid and dangerous to cut open?
3. Those bits are solid metal, how would you sew them on to use them?

Surely there are easier things to do that won't take a shed full of tools and threats to your fingers/eyes/skin, like using some paracord to make a toggle loop?
Or have I completely misunderstood what you mean?
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Moden alkaline batteries are not full of acid, and you don't really need to break the battery open anyway.
The two terminals are mounter on plastic not metal (it would short) so it's easy enough to cut or make holes in to sew on.
Yes it would be a waste of a good battery but the idea was just posting a tip that may come in usefull to someone one day.
Personally I wouldn't bother doing it but who knows what the future might bring. If nothing else you could remove the terminal from a battery and use it to replace one on a radio or something if the contact was damaged on that.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

I've got a tip for another type of popper - don't dip your mates unlit cigarettes in them....
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

preparedsurrey wrote:I've got a tip for another type of popper - don't dip your mates unlit cigarettes in them....
Charlie says don't take them from strange men either. :shock:

sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Would someone like to enlighten me as to what the other poppers are? I take it thats it's a drug of some kind but now I'm courious what kind.
Back in my youth they were called uppers and downers, hash, hemp, horse and the old classic LSD. None of which I've tried I'm afraid to say, although I did get semi stoned on the secondary smoke in a bikers club once.
Still at least I'm a cheap date.
BadgerSE

Post by BadgerSE »

sniper 55 wrote:Would someone like to enlighten me as to what the other poppers are? I take it thats it's a drug of some kind but now I'm courious what kind.
Back in my youth they were called uppers and downers, hash, hemp, horse and the old classic LSD. None of which I've tried I'm afraid to say, although I did get semi stoned on the secondary smoke in a bikers club once.
They are usually small tubs of a stinky liquid substance designed to get you high without many bad side effects; although some people can get negative effects. Poppers are still a legal high I believe(?). Either way, stay away from it.

And I think the drugs belong to a group of alkyl nitrites.
“Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”

Area 3
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

BadgerSE wrote:
sniper 55 wrote:Would someone like to enlighten me as to what the other poppers are? I take it thats it's a drug of some kind but now I'm courious what kind.
They are usually small tubs of a stinky liquid substance designed to get you high without many bad side effects; although some people can get negative effects. Poppers are still a legal high I believe(?). Either way, stay away from it.

And I think the drugs belong to a group of alkyl nitrites.
They're also used as a muscle relaxer in 'certain circles' :shock: :lol: