CARGO POCKET POUCH/ORGANISER

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
munchh

CARGO POCKET POUCH/ORGANISER

Post by munchh »

Ive been looking at all these EDC organiser pouches on the market. If you look on youtube you will find lots, mainly made by Maxpedition, but there are others.
I wear Cargo/combat trousers/shorts all the time, i often fill one of my pockets with EDC type stuff, but its all just in there rattling around, plus anything with an edge tends to wear through the pocket.

I carry a coin pouch which stops you ending up with a hole in your pocket, so i thought i'd have a go of making one for the leg pocket of my combats.

I have leather and like it alot, i used the softest bits i had, apart from the front flap, which i used the thickest bit i had to take the puch holes for the closure posts.

No belt loop as it will always go in a pocket. I doubled up the back piece wih a piece of pale yellow on the inside.

I wanted it to be able to expand, so put V pieces in the sides.

Thats what the lower holes on the front are for.

The yellow inside was an idea i got from my Molle backpack which has a yellow interior which give contrast to the things inside whaen you are routing around for something.

I've started using it, its pretty cool i recon, but i'm trying different things in it to see what works.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
featherstick

Re: CARGO POCKET POUCH/ORGANISER

Post by featherstick »

Nice piece of work. I need to get the awl and punch out again too.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Clever, I like the side bellows and the yellow panel..... Two position closure is pretty neat too :mrgreen:

I'd recommend a D ring or a loop to dummy-cord it to your belt or buttonhole (don't want you to loose it)
and if it were mine I'd trim the corners off the flap before they roll back and start catching on everything.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Nice, i wear cargo's all the time, and yes my torch always lies flat in the bottom so makes the pockets stretch and everything else fall out in the car, will have a mooch around and see if mrs DD can make so,ething up.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
munchh

Post by munchh »

As always Mr.forge you talk total sence, I had a D ring that I meant to put on the top back edge, to make it easier to pull out of my pocket and yes I just couldn't decide how to finish the front flap, I will have to sort it out.

I would like to try the same thing in some sort of cordura?
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

munchh wrote:
I would like to try the same thing in some sort of cordura?
Wouldn't look or feel as nice.... But then I'm a bit old school :oops:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
munchh

Post by munchh »

I got the reaction "wow its like something from world of warcraft, you actually made it"
From my 19 year old consumer generation half brother.

It is definatly nice to hold something made of leather in your hand, you are so right.☺
AREA 3