Hebrides Quilt.

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
cornerstone

Hebrides Quilt.

Post by cornerstone »

I don't know if anyone has ever done this but i saw it on another forum once and thought it was interesting, i have not got round to it and that is to buy old Tweed coats the pure wool ones and patch or quilt method them after cutting them in squares then back with a woollen blanket for a bed quilt.
I may try just may.
Last edited by cornerstone on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Decaff

Re: Hebrides Quilt.

Post by Decaff »

Sounds good and also very warm :)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Probably a daft idea but the stuff they make donkey jackets/duffle coats out of is pretty warm, I've no idea if it's possible to do it though.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

The duffle coats would but not anything with down it would go all over the place i think.
Grumpy'sBetterHalf

Post by Grumpy'sBetterHalf »

Sounds lovely and warm. :)
I've been looking in charity shops for old quilted material to use as the central layer of a window quilt. Never thought of old tweed or duffle coats.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

Grumpy'sBetterHalf wrote:Sounds lovely and warm. :)
I've been looking in charity shops for old quilted material to use as the central layer of a window quilt. Never thought of old tweed or duffle coats.

also door quits and for those who have maybe nuclear in mind also as a layer.