Quilting

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
cornerstone

Re: Quilting

Post by cornerstone »

Just found this thread under search, i am going to actually make warmer Duvets i think by wrapping them in fleece throws and sewing or clipping them on in some way to upgrade and make them warmer,quilting is a bit above me, i know my station sort of thing but i feel certain i can do successful warmer upgrades for the winter also i have in mind a fleece throw in some way clipped onto the quilt covers that feels toasty
There is an outer hebrides method of quilting old tweed coats together for bed quilts gathered from charity shopd but that is a bit above me i am sticking to the fleece methods.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Strange that this has popped up, I need to make another baby one as another niece is overdue her baby boy!

I used bamboo wadding and have to say it's really warm, I got hot legs when it was draped across my lap whilst being put together. It felt really substantial in weight too when finished.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

Decaff wrote:Strange that this has popped up, I need to make another baby one as another niece is overdue her baby boy!

I used bamboo wadding and have to say it's really warm, I got hot legs when it was draped across my lap whilst being put together. It felt really substantial in weight too when finished.

a cheap suggestion but perhaps not as good but maybe passable for a quick turnover or use for babies and children is to get a light ready made 4.5 tog quilt and sort of redo it with the material of choice you could rag quilt it and no problem washing it just cut it to size and well machine it or sew it up, if you get a king size on it will last for ages.That would i expect do crib pram and cot also later bed all from that one.
you see what a cheapskate i am in these matters.