Quilting

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
Decaff

Re: Quilting

Post by Decaff »

First quilt!
First quilt!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I can't sew to save my life and I don't want to learn either .. :evil: I'm a knitter, I do mainly neckwarmers and socks lol. Countless pairs of them!
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

diamond lil wrote:I can't sew to save my life and I don't want to learn either .. :evil: I'm a knitter, I do mainly neckwarmers and socks lol. Countless pairs of them!
I cannot knit socks to save my life!
I tell you what, when the SHTF I'll trade you a quilt for some warm socks ;)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Lovely first quilt, decaff!

I want to learn socks :)

I have a couple of wallhangings quilted by my mum (and I wrote about one of them on my blog, she used knitting needles to create the hanging rod at the top - ingenious!) and I know how much she has in her stash - eventually I'll inherit quite a few more :(

These are two of my favourites that I can lay my hands on easily:
Christmas at the Bar Lightship.jpg
A tug would always take Christmas goodies to the Lightship (a ship that acted as a lighthouse, literally, at the Liverpool (Sand)bar).
2008-12-28 16-31-19_0011.jpg
Speaks for itself :D
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Wow! I love the tugs picture, beautiful colours and must have taken an age to do. I'm assuming these were both hand stitched?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Really nice quilt and wall hangings. I think being able to make (and mend) warm things is def a part of being a prepper.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks both! Yes, they were hand stitched, though things like the borders were machine sewn. She was in her early 80s when she did these, please let her off :mrgreen:
maxilaura

Post by maxilaura »

This is my quilt so far, I have another 15 blocks or so which have not been joined yet

(my little dog insisted on getting in on the photo)
Attachments
quilt.jpg
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

maxilaura wrote:This is my quilt so far, I have another 15 blocks or so which have not been joined yet

(my little dog insisted on getting in on the photo)

Beautiful!!! Love it :D cute dog too!
once I've finished the second baby one, (niece had twins!) I'm going to have a go at a more complicated style. Must have the second one finished by Saturday 10th in time for their welcome into the family party. Can't wait to have cuddles although i5 makes me feel so old being called a great auntie!! :shock:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's great, maxilaura!