Munchh's Belt pouch (pic heavy)

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
munchh

Munchh's Belt pouch (pic heavy)

Post by munchh »

Here you go Crow, just for you (and anyone else really), i spent the day sat next to the back door with my TV table and a few simple tools.

No fancy wheel tools or anything like that, the only real leather working tool is the braddle, but ive used a nail before i got one. the Leather is all from a big bag of offcuts that i found at a bootsale, nothing too long so i have had to join 2 strips together, but this is quite good as putting the join at the bottom of the pouch has given it more strength where its needed. The leather is all cow hide i think, i used matching pieces, but it is very soft so i have had to reinforce certain bits.

I started with the belt loop, i chose the stiffest piece of leather for the back of the pouch and a smoother piece which was a bit thicker for the loop.

I used the braddle to make all the holes before sewing.

I started at the bottom so i could be sure that the flaps at the top would be equal when it was done and i have a bit of ocd for symmetry.

Then the top flap, i actualy used the wrong piece, but it works out ok.

Although i did forget to sew on the reinforsing i wanted around the edge, but hey, its organic :D

Stuffed full of knitting, its getting there.

£2 coin size reinforcing for the closure stud

I'm pretty happy, its really soft, now i just need to get some use out of it, im thinking i will see if i can use it to put all the stuff i normally have in my pockets, i keep finding ive worn holes in them.

Sorry, some of the pics are not the right way round, but they are until i link them :roll:
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
alwayscross

Re: Munchh's Belt pouch (pic heavy)

Post by alwayscross »

Very good job, I will have to have a go at making this sometime.
Morality is doing what's right, no matter what your told. Religion is doing what your told, no matter what is right.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

That looks like theres a lot of 'Grain' on that hide and that its an upholstery weight leather.

Nice job and a good size.

Your own pattern ?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
munchh

Post by munchh »

Thanks Mr.Crow, yes, sort of freestyl'd, i started with 4 pieces like my change pouch and realised it would end up massive, so just re-thought it a bit.

It would have been nice to cut it out of one big bit, but ive only got loads of these offcuts, im running out of the bigger bits too now.

And yes furnature grade makes alot of sense.
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

the only thing i might add is an over stitch around the lid where i have put the reinforcing.
AREA 3
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
munchh

Post by munchh »

Sorry mate, i did it before i saw your post.
AREA 3
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Really good job there fella ;)
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.