DIY Belt Pouch (picture heavy)

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
undomesticdiva

DIY Belt Pouch (picture heavy)

Post by undomesticdiva »

Hi guys, today i made this belt pouch and am going to show anyone who is interested how to make one to carry your EDC tobacco tin/sewing kit/first aid etc
(in my weird way of explaining, bear with me!) - sorry about the picture quality, my camera only a tiny point and shoot! :)

First, get your fabric, depending on how wide your tin is, that is how wide you'll need you material.
Measure the width,and mark across the bottom of your fabric. Do the same for the height and times by 3, as this is going to be the front, back and front flap of the pouch.
Measure the sides of the tin- these are going to be the side panels
001.JPG
Cut it out twice as one part is going to be the lining
002.JPG
It should look something like this.
003.JPG
Place the right sides together and sew all the way around, leaving a 2 inch gap before you come to the end, so you can turn it right way out, making sure to poke out the corners with something long and pointy (like a knitting needle) then sew up that bit.

Sew the panels to the front and back
Make sure your tin fits ;)
010.JPG
004.JPG
Either make a flap with a button hole (like the one i did) or sew a buttonhole directly into the fabric, or add a snap button, mark where the button hole meets the opposite fabric and sew a button there.

It should look something like this
017.JPG
Now, you can either sew two loops on each side to the back of the fabric, so it will slide on to a belt, or, like me, sew a crossover of two strips of fabric (i used nylon webbing leftover from a dog collar project) and two buckles, so if fits onto a belt loop as well as the belt itself if you don't wear one often
022.JPG
Tad-ah! Display proudly on your belt :)
024.JPG
If it makes no sense whatsoever please let me know and i'll attempt to explain lol